How to logout from HP Photo Webshare ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP EX470 Smartmedia home server, the only way I know how to  logout from the HP photo Webshare page is by closing the brower. Closing the browser tab does not log you out.

Does anyone know how to add a logout link on the webshare page to allow user logout?

thanks

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:51 AM

All replies

• The HP Photo Webshare application is completely separate from the Remote Access web site; a user logged in to the Photo Webshare application doesn't appear as logged in in the WHS console, and won't be able to open/browse shares, connect to computers, etc. so there's really no need to log out from it other than by closing the browser.

Adding the abillity to log out will require digging into exactly how the application really works. I haven't done so, beyond knowing that it's written in Java, and served up using jetty, an open source Java-based web server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:46 PM
  • I was hoping someone who has Java experience can add a quick logout function to the page.  I am still at the stage of setting up my WHS, it would be handy to log out the current sign-on user without closing the brower, itwould make testing easier, sometime I just need to sign in as a different users to verify something.

I have modified the codes here and there but I have not done with java before  and I don't know how that part of the codes work yet.  As long as the codes are open source, I am sure there is a way to do it.
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:18 PM
  • The jetty web server (used only for the HP extensions, not for the WHS Remote Access web site) is open source. The Photo Share web site itself is undoubtedly HP proprietary.

I'm still not clear on why you feel a need to "log out" from the photo share...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:27 PM
  • In Webshare, an album access privilege is user dependent, if my kid sign-in as her, she sees her albums, however, if I want to show her some of my stuff, I would have to close all the tabs in the browser and exit the browser so that I can sign-in as me. 

If log-out function is available, all I'd need to do is to log her out and sign in as me, I would not have to close any pages.  This is particularly helpful when doing some testing with different user login privileges

There are so many websites out there that allows you to logout and sign-in as a different user...

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:01 PM