How can i create a mail merge? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i am new in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and i have been trying to create a mail merge but when a document word opens i can not see de Add-ins for CRM.

do i have to install something? or  do i have to configurate something?

Than you so much.

• Edited by Prueba 78978 Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:14 PM One word was wrong
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

• There are several ways you can merge Microsoft Dynamics CRM data into Microsoft Office Word 2003. If you use Microsoft Office Word 2007, you can also use mail merge from Microsoft Dynamics CRM and from Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Export a list, such as the results of an Advanced Find search, into a dynamic or static Microsoft Office Excel file, and use the Excel file as the data source for a Microsoft Office Word 2003 mail merge. This does not create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM activity for each merged record. More information: Export Data to Excel From Microsoft Office Word 2003, read data directly from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database. This does not create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM activity for each merged record. This method is described in this topic.
    1. In Microsoft Office Word, on the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge. Follow the instructions in steps 1 and 2 of the Mail Merge pane.
    2. In step 3 of the Mail Merge instructions, select Use an existing list, and then click Browse.
    3. Click New SQL Server connection.odc, and then click Open.
    4. In the Server Name box, type the name of the server where the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database is stored, and then click Next.
    5. In the database list, select the Organization_MSCRM database.
    6. In the Name column, select a filtered view that starts with the prefix Filtered.
    7. Click Next, and then click Finish.
    8. Complete the mail merge by following the remaining steps in the Microsoft Office Word Mail Merge pane.

Download the CRM 4.0 User guide it will be useful for you to know more about mail merge

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdownload%2Fc%2Fc%2F0%2Fcc0a8867-67d1-45a2-bfe6-c7fa964fc663%2FMicrosoft_Dynamics_CRM_4_Users_Guide.pdf&ei=bY4ITamgGorirAfEj4TVDg&usg=AFQjCNE4-f0bzLBWw8Pkl7Mr8_qyw2g8YQ

• Marked as answer by Prueba 78978 Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi!

1. Have all the rollups installed on your CRM components, from 1 to 13.

2. For example, in a marketing campaign with a marketing list create an Activity, type mail merge, automatically it will open a screen where to choose the mail merge mail format, this format already has some fields selected, decide what fields include.

3. Then, you will see a Word Document opens and the data selected to the mail merge. At the right panel there is a kind of wizard to go step by step.

4. When you finish you will still see the document Word, don´t close it because it is merging, sometimes this takes a time according to the data you are merging.

Do this exercise to familiarize yourself with a little data.

I hope to have helped you

Roxana Cevallos Q Microsoft CRM 4.0
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:22 PM
  • There are several ways you can merge Microsoft Dynamics CRM data into Microsoft Office Word 2003. If you use Microsoft Office Word 2007, you can also use mail merge from Microsoft Dynamics CRM and from Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Export a list, such as the results of an Advanced Find search, into a dynamic or static Microsoft Office Excel file, and use the Excel file as the data source for a Microsoft Office Word 2003 mail merge. This does not create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM activity for each merged record. More information: Export Data to Excel From Microsoft Office Word 2003, read data directly from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database. This does not create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM activity for each merged record. This method is described in this topic.
    1. In Microsoft Office Word, on the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge. Follow the instructions in steps 1 and 2 of the Mail Merge pane.
    2. In step 3 of the Mail Merge instructions, select Use an existing list, and then click Browse.
    3. Click New SQL Server connection.odc, and then click Open.
    4. In the Server Name box, type the name of the server where the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database is stored, and then click Next.
    5. In the database list, select the Organization_MSCRM database.
    6. In the Name column, select a filtered view that starts with the prefix Filtered.
    7. Click Next, and then click Finish.
    8. Complete the mail merge by following the remaining steps in the Microsoft Office Word Mail Merge pane.

Download the CRM 4.0 User guide it will be useful for you to know more about mail merge

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCQQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdownload%2Fc%2Fc%2F0%2Fcc0a8867-67d1-45a2-bfe6-c7fa964fc663%2FMicrosoft_Dynamics_CRM_4_Users_Guide.pdf&ei=bY4ITamgGorirAfEj4TVDg&usg=AFQjCNE4-f0bzLBWw8Pkl7Mr8_qyw2g8YQ

• Marked as answer by Prueba 78978 Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:46 AM