Can we create our own admin panel on CRM 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• Can we create our own admin panel on CRM 2011?

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:46 PM

All replies

• What are you looking to accomplish? 

If you are looking to add custom content - you can embed an IFrame to another page which you've created to manipulate CRM data or you can create and embed a web resource to provide additional functionality.

Web Resources for Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:57 PM
  • Im trying to create admin panel using .net(logon web page)n

Can I embed my logon web page in Iframe or Can I call  my logon web page with web source?

after that I trying to accomplish users can reach   CRM screen that filtered entities by me after users logged in to CRM system

Friday, January 11, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Deja vu strikes again:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/24d6250e-5a57-4061-95c8-9f3724363861/#94359a8c-20a3-4613-be68-867b0997d2cb

Using IFD to provide a logon page, and do proper secure authentication would be your best bet. You can customise your logon page with styles and images if you want to make it more like an in-house portal.

Any other way of doing authentication that does not use an STS (such as ADFS) is possibly flawed and probably unsupported  - especially since there would be nothing to prevent a domain user from simply going to the CRM URL directly, and single-sign-on authenticating them to log on.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Friday, January 11, 2013 4:20 PM
  • If you need to control access to users, you could probably try using the inherent security features of CRM by assigning appropriate roles to the users. Through roles you can control entity wise read/write/share access as well as control the depth i.e user level/biz unit or organization.

If you are looking at custom UI then you are probably looking at designing a custom portal that the users would interact with instead of directly using CRM.

There is the Portal accelertor for this along with other 3rd party portal add-ons for this. You can develop your own using the CRM SDK if you have the resources.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:13 PM
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:13 PM
  • Hey Adam

Thank u for  your interest

Lets say I m done with my own logon page(just design.)Im just asking to learn.

Can I reach Active Directoy Users and check them with CRM services right?.(Its seems possible.)

Actually how I ll add this project or page  on the CRM(IFRAME websources or plugin???)

Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:49 AM