What is the correct way of handling these scenarios? RRS feed

• Question

•  

1. My folder pair has been working fine for sometimes.  Now I need to move synctoy to another computer.  What is the correct way of handling this?  Do I simply install synctoy and create new folder pair pointing to the original two left and right folders?  Do I need to copy any files outlined in the SyncToy technical notes such as SyncToyDirPairs.bin or any other files?

2. If I have two folders that have been "synced" using xcopy in the past and I want to start using SyncToy to synchronize.  The two folders may not be completely synced due to only running xcopy once in a while.  If I start using synctoy, can I simply point it to the two folders and it will know what to do to compare the differences between the two folders?

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 7:07 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

1. just create now pairs and do a initial sync that's OK. Do not modified any thing while sync data.

then drop the old pairs.

2. I do not know exactly your situation. But if you start a "synchronize" action. the files only in the left or right will be synced to the other side. the files exist on both side will keep the later modified one if they are not the same.

Thanks,

Baoke

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:42 AM