Resolve conflicts on client side (ntier ) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am implementing sync services across WCF, which so far seems to be working well. However, I need to be able to allow the client to resolve conflicts. From what I can see, you would want to subscribe to the ApplyChangeFailed event. That would be fine, but it only exists under the ServerSyncProvider which, unless I am missing something, cannot be accessed client side. I know you can subscribe to this event on the server, from within the WCF application in my case. But handling this server side only limits you as the user would not be able to decide how the conflict should be handled.

My question is what is the recommended way of handling conflicts client side in an n-tier environment and is it possible to handle the ApplyChangeFailed event client side?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:30 AM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:23 AM

Answers

• WCF has Duplex contracts where in you server can initiate contact with the client side. If you wanted the client provider to participate in the resolution of conflicts arising on the server or even hook to any server side events then your WCF service has to be a duplex contract. We are working on a sample WCF duplex contract that I will share out soon.

Friday, October 10, 2008 5:35 PM

All replies

• WCF has Duplex contracts where in you server can initiate contact with the client side. If you wanted the client provider to participate in the resolution of conflicts arising on the server or even hook to any server side events then your WCF service has to be a duplex contract. We are working on a sample WCF duplex contract that I will share out soon.

Friday, October 10, 2008 5:35 PM
  • Has this WCF example with duplex contract ever been published? This message is 8 months old, after all.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 3:19 PM