Live One Care and Counterspy RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone is running these 2 AV's together and if they're having any problems running them together. I got an error from Counterspy this morning saying something about Counterspy not being able to connect for a software update. I read Counterspy's user guide and it said to make sure that the firewall that I'm using has Port 80 open in able to let Counterspy update their Spyware definitions. Doesn't One Care by default allow port 80 open to allow HTTP traffic? Anyway, does anyone else have any problems with these 2 together and is there any other configuring that I have to do to make Counterspy run problem free and update when it's supposed too?
    Monday, January 19, 2009 1:11 AM

Answers

• Hello Julio99, Counterspy and One Care shouldn't be installed together. Both products have real time and on access scanning so having both installed will cause conflicts and performance issues.
    Jim
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hello Julio99, Counterspy and One Care shouldn't be installed together. Both products have real time and on access scanning so having both installed will cause conflicts and performance issues.
    Jim
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:01 AM
  • How about if I turned the active protection off in counterspy ? Just leave it as an on demand scanner.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 6:44 AM
  •  If you can actually stop the active protection and the Counterspy services  it might work but a better solution would be to either install a product that is designed to be an on demand scanner or just use an online scanner.
    Jim
    Monday, January 19, 2009 4:36 PM