none
I need help. s&t 2013 & Surface Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased S&T 2013 & Surface Pro for a number of reasons. One was to plan a trip from Seattle to Salem, SC.  I am pleased with the planning software in S&T.  When I started my trip using S&T as a GPS it became useless.  Example, when the OEM GPS in the car recalculates because I made a turn not on route the screen stays the same and the GPS tells me to either make a U turn or is recalculating. 

When I made a turn not on the route using S&T, the GPS zoomed out to the entire United States.  Now that is bad enough but the touch buttons on the S&T are so small I could not do anything to get it back to the proper course without stopping and trying to figure it all out.  I am so disappointed.  I really like the S&T program but it sucks as a GPS.

Can anyone help an old man trying desperately not to be left behind by new technology?  I really want to use the big screen on the Surface Pro as a GPS.

Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:04 AM

All replies

• I also have the surface pro running S&T 2013.  I agree that S&T is NOT designed for tablet / touch (which is dangerous when using it while driving) and not the best design as a GPS navigator.  I did not have the recalculating and zoom problem you had.   When I went off route it did recalculate and show me the new route.
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:33 AM