none
SQL Server 2005 SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to edit the named query from the chapter 2 example I get the following:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Native Client
    ------------------------------

Login timeout expired
    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    VIA Provider: The specified module could not be found.

BUTTONS:

&Retry
    Cancel

I have tried every combination of set up I can think of.  I am trying to go through the step by step tutorials to learn more about the SSIS feture from the book.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Weeden

Friday, August 27, 2010 12:11 AM

Answers

• The error should normaly shows, that the connection to the database cannot be established. Did you check, that the SQL Server is up an running and that it is configured to accept that type of connection? So if you connect from another system to the database server and you didn't activate, that remore connections are allowed, then no connection will be possible.

But maybe the SQL Server forums will be best for these questions instead the training and certification forum.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:58 AM
    Answerer
  • When I try to edit the named query from the chapter 2 example I get the following: [...] Login timeout expired

If you are editing a query from an existing example, be careful to check the properties of the connection. Typically, it will be pointing to the SQL Server of the author of the sample, and of course you can't access that server from your computer. Edit the connection to point to your own server before attempting to work with the sample.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 7:02 AM

All replies

• The error should normaly shows, that the connection to the database cannot be established. Did you check, that the SQL Server is up an running and that it is configured to accept that type of connection? So if you connect from another system to the database server and you didn't activate, that remore connections are allowed, then no connection will be possible.

But maybe the SQL Server forums will be best for these questions instead the training and certification forum.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:58 AM
    Answerer
  • When I try to edit the named query from the chapter 2 example I get the following: [...] Login timeout expired

If you are editing a query from an existing example, be careful to check the properties of the connection. Typically, it will be pointing to the SQL Server of the author of the sample, and of course you can't access that server from your computer. Edit the connection to point to your own server before attempting to work with the sample.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 7:02 AM