none
switch from one programming language to another RRS feed

• Question

•  I finished learning c# and before I start learning. net technologies I would like to know how much time it take to learn similar topics(e.g threading or networking) in other langueges? do I need to start from scratch?
    Friday, May 24, 2013 5:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• The switch between c# and VB.net is pretty easy.  The main differences are line terminations, variable declarations, etc.  There are a couple of pretty good code convertors that you could use to learn some of the differences by just feeding your c# code in and looking at the results of the conversion to VB.net.

This is one that I've used in the past:

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Friday, May 24, 2013 5:36 PM
  • vb actually uses .net framework, i mean languages that don't use. net framework, like java or php for web applications
    Friday, May 24, 2013 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

the effort for switching from one language to another will reduce with your level of experience, because concepts are very similar. Switching from a paradigm to another is harder (for example from OOP to functional or logical programming languages). C# is a good choice for a first programming language, because it can be used differently. Mostly it is an OOP language, but it also has some aspects from functional programming languages (just have a look at LINQ).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:21 PM
    Answerer