none
Can a Power Shell Scipt call a "Windows Macro" Program RRS feed

• Question

• We support a specific Windows application and all of the hardware, OS, and network required for operation.  We use Power Shell Script for automating system type tasks using command line interfaces and it works well for that.  We are now trying to automate application oriented tasks.  My technical people are telling me that we cannot use Power Shell since there is no command line interface to our application.  In order to automate teh entire process, we would need to get into the Windows GUI part of the application.  So my question is, can we use a Power Sell script to call some sort of  GUI "macro" that would define the specific buttons to hit in a specific order to run the functions required to automate the application fix?  There may be four tasks that need to be run in order.  Tasks #1, and #2 can be accomplished though a Power Shell Script.  Once #1 and #2 have successfully run, then Task #3 would require the "Windows Macro" and once it completes, then Task #4 could run. 

I apologize that I cannot get too technical, but I assume that others have already blazed similar trails.

Thanks in advance for you time and consideration!

Jim

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:34 PM This is not third party software support forum
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:55 AM

All replies