I did try with Connector Staff this issue and sugested that I try here as error was not duplicate in Lab. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok simply put,  on my home built server everything work fine except that I can't exclude any folder from any "C" "D" drive etc. I mean when you expand the + sign to get to the subfolder the backup software assume that I want to exclude the root drive instead of the diretory so of course , it is not possible to do that and cancel my operation and revert to the default setting.

I have try their suggestion regarding uninstall the PP1 and reboot and reinstall and reboot again, no luck, but in their lab it work after a reinstal so their suggestion is to check with anyone in the forum about this.

So please anyone here having that problem after they decided to configure their backup after updating to PP1 ?

Thank you for your help 
    Friday, September 26, 2008 1:15 AM

Answers

• Hmm..  I just tried this on my three systems without issue also.  Hit the plus next to the drive and then click on the folder, not the plus next to it.  Then hit exclude.  Can you take a few screenshots that might help us?
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 10:33 AM

All replies

• I have just tried to exclude a folder from backup for one XP SP3 client, which is running at home and could do that without problems.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Friday, September 26, 2008 7:49 AM
  • Hmm..  I just tried this on my three systems without issue also.  Hit the plus next to the drive and then click on the folder, not the plus next to it.  Then hit exclude.  Can you take a few screenshots that might help us?
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 10:33 AM