none
My hp keeps having Validation Error 0x80070426 but can't do anything RRS feed

• Question

• I"ve been trying all night to fix this with the replies from this site and many others but my problem is different. 90% of the time, my computer keeps starting over..it will come to the screen where is says "please wait"..then will reboot. If it makes it past that screen, sometimes it will make it to the "welcome" screen then again..reboot. If I go into safemode it does nothing, it loads just as if I was in normal mode. Every 1 out of 5 tried I'm able to get to my desktop but am not able to do anything. If I click the start button, it either does nothing or brings up a message saying that my computer is trying to restart windows explorer..then after a few minutes reboots again. I have many of my my son's very first baby pictures on this laptop, from the day he was born to 6 months old and really need to help to fix this so I do not lose them. Please help!!!
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:38 AM

Answers

• "Painkyller" wrote in message news:d629e4fb-f5e9-439b-9947-ad1ca30f249b...
    I"ve been trying all night to fix this with the replies from this site and many others but my problem is different. 90% of the time, my computer keeps starting over..it will come to the screen where is says "please wait"..then will reboot. If it makes it past that screen, sometimes it will make it to the "welcome" screen then again..reboot. If I go into safemode it does nothing, it loads just as if I was in normal mode. Every 1 out of 5 tried I'm able to get to my desktop but am not able to do anything. If I click the start button, it either does nothing or brings up a message saying that my computer is trying to restart windows explorer..then after a few minutes reboots again. I have many of my my son's very first baby pictures on this laptop, from the day he was born to 6 months old and really need to help to fix this so I do not lose them. Please help!!!

This problem appears to be only peripherally related to Validation, and more to do with system problems in general (The error you quote says that the Software Licensing service has been unable to start)
    Please repost your problem in the Windows Vista Repair Answers forum here
    where they will be able to deal more effectively with your general problems - once they get that sorted, I suspect that your Validation problem will go away (I'll keep an eye on your new thread anyhow)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, February 4, 2011 10:09 AM