Windows HPC Pack 2016 U3 with Patch gets stuck at Sending Initial Start Flag RRS feed

• Question

• After some tests I was able to deploy OS without issue. When I went to do my last test before sending to other nodes. I now get stuck at sending initial start flag.

The prompt never makes it past this. I guess the head node is not receiving this flag. No indication of any errors on head node. 

Firewall is turned off for the private network. Nothing seemed to have changed and that is why I am at a loss of why now it stops.

**** Initializing proxy ****
    **** Initiating connect ****
    **** Initialization Complete! ****
    Firmward type is 1(Legacy)
    **** Sending initial start flag ****

Monday, March 23, 2020 5:38 PM

All replies

• As this is a group effort and I hope this helps other IT Admins in the future.

After about 13-16 hours sitting at the message listed in the initial description. Ran a netmon and saw that the nodes were still talking to each other and repeating the same 6 lines.

Then wondering how they were still connected. Ran a "netstat -a | findstr /i mini" to see that the machines were talking over port 9794 which is related to the HPC Management Service. A restart of this service was able to get past this step.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:27 PM
  • Looks like the management service on the head node encounter some issue at that time, could you share the management log to me?
    Friday, March 27, 2020 6:07 PM