none
Tips for choosing microsoft certication exam RRS feed

• Question

• HI ,

I am having total of 7 years experience in .Net technology, worked in development of both  Windows and Web applications, Wish to write the certification exam . As this my first certification am confused with which to choose and helpful for my carrer. Can any one suggest me on this . Please suggest your valuable suggestions as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Prasad.B

Friday, June 20, 2014 7:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft has two Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) Certification tracks, one for web applications and one for Windows Store applications. Please note that there are two parallel Windows Store application paths. You can complete the certification by using C#, or by using HTML/JavaScript.

You mention that you have developed Windows applications but did not mention Windows Store apps. For this reason, I am going to assume that you may not have worked with Windows Store apps. In this case, you may want to pursue the web developer track.

There are three exams in this track: 70-480, 70-486, and 70-787. The URL's link to the Microsoft pages that describe these exams. There is a list of skills measured and some resources for preparing for the exam.

480 exam  covers W3C standard HTML, JavaScript and CSS (<cite>www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-480.aspx)</cite>

The 70-486 exam covers ASP.NET MVC web applications (www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-486.aspx)>

487 exam covers Microsoft Azure and Web Services (<cite></cite">/learning/en-us/exam-70-487.aspx)

You may want to visit the Microsoft Virtual Academy site. Microsoft offers free video-based training that will help you prepare.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCSD (Web Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and &quot;Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Friday, June 20, 2014 11:54 AM