communicator could not retrieve calendar out of office info RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

of late i am seeing communicator is not retrieving out of office info updates. and i see this message "Communicator could not retrieve calendar or out of office information from exchange web services. communicator will automatically continue to retry. if this problem persists, contact your system administrator."

we have exchange 2007 enterprise environment, ocs 2007 enterprise. Address book updation is happening successfully.

please let me know what i need to check.

rgds, guru.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 4:42 AM

All replies

• Usually this is caused by an Autodiscover issue. Could be a firewall problem, might be an authentication problem. After starting up Communicator will try to contact the Exchange 2007 Autodiscover service, snag the XML file, log on to the Exchange Web Services URL and try to pull your OOF and calendar. Does your Autodiscover work properly within Outlook 2007? Do OOF and Free/Busy (without public folders) work within Outlook 2007? Both of those run via Exchange Web Services as well.

If you hold down the CTRL key and right-click the Outlook icon in the task tray there is Test E-mail AutoConfiguration option where you can run a test to see how Autodiscover is working.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 5:03 AM
  • thanks tom for replying.

if firewall, what port, 443? because we have deployed ocs using hardware NBL alteon, where our two ocs server have to communicate to other VLANS via this switch.

regarding authentication problem, what could be check to clarify/confirm.

yes, autodiscover completed successfully which any warnings/errors. do you need any specific info from autodiscover, i'll provide.
    out-of-office and bree/busy is working very well within outlook2003/2007 (i mean within our exchange environment).
    Friday, February 20, 2009 6:22 AM