Uploading Files Using Remote Web Access RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using WHS2011 and am trying to upload files with Remote Web Access. I am able drag and drop files into the upload window however when I start the upload the file does not upload. The file status says "Uploading" for a period of time and then produces the error: “The upload finished with errors” and none of the files uploaded.

I have tried uploading various file sizes from 10kB to several MB with the same results.

To complicate matters with my system, my ISP (Telus) blocks ports 80 and 443. To work around this I gain access to my server by browsing to xxx.homeserver.com:444 and my router forwards the incoming port 444 to 443 on the server. This works well for accessing the web access page and downloading files.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can change to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:40 PM

Answers

• I'm pretty sure that the easy file upload tool is wired to port 443. This means that it will try to use port 443 to connect form your client to your server for the upload, which will fail.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Ken Warren Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:32 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:14 AM
  • There is currently no way to configure the easy file upload tool to use a non-default port. Have you tried the standard file upload mechanism?

Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:20 AM

All replies

• I'm pretty sure that the easy file upload tool is wired to port 443. This means that it will try to use port 443 to connect form your client to your server for the upload, which will fail.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:14 AM
  • Thank you for the info. Is there any way to change the port that the upload tool uses? Or is there another tool for uploading files remotely?

• Edited by gharcombe Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:04 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:42 AM
  • There is currently no way to configure the easy file upload tool to use a non-default port. Have you tried the standard file upload mechanism?

Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:20 AM