WINDOWS XP SP 3 ACTIVATION PROBLEM - PLZ HELP RRS feed

• Question

• My windows xp sp 3 professionsl is showing in MGADig that it is Genuine but it is not validated........when i click the validate now option on intrnet in Microsoft Genuine Software site.....it shows a blank window.......my Activate windows also shows blank............. 

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:54 AM

Answers

• "rk3472" wrote in message news:d659c036-6412-49fb-ac61-eaca316f9c86...

My windows xp sp 3 professionsl is showing in MGADig that it is Genuine but it is not validated........when i click the validate now option on intrnet in Microsoft Genuine Software site.....it shows a blank window.......my Activate windows also shows blank............. 

When you go to the Validation page, there should be an option to run the Diagnostics utility - take that, and let us know the EXACT error message.

Also, please include your MGADiag report - it tells us a lot more than it may tell you :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:50 AM

All replies

• "rk3472" wrote in message news:d659c036-6412-49fb-ac61-eaca316f9c86...

My windows xp sp 3 professionsl is showing in MGADig that it is Genuine but it is not validated........when i click the validate now option on intrnet in Microsoft Genuine Software site.....it shows a blank window.......my Activate windows also shows blank............. 

When you go to the Validation page, there should be an option to run the Diagnostics utility - take that, and let us know the EXACT error message.

Also, please include your MGADiag report - it tells us a lot more than it may tell you :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:50 AM
  • The diag utility that noel is refering to is at http://microsoft.com/genuine/diag then click the Start Diagnostic button.  The site will check that Windows is configured correctly to allow validation (it also check for common issues in XP) If any problem is found, the site will either ask to fix the issue automatically or will provide manual steps to resolve the problem.  Once you get all green checkmarks, click the Validate Windows button and see if the Validation process works now.

If the issue is still not resolved, post the MGADiag report so we can see what the problem may be.

Thank you,

Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:31 PM
  • No reply.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 6:28 PM