Emails Not Being Sent By Workflow Rule RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using CRM 4.0 which I have configured a workflow rule to send an email when a new Case is created. Recently the messages have not been being sent. The users are using Outlook to send messages.

WHen I look in System Jobs I can see that the workflow displays "Succeeded", although if I open the "System Job Name" the message displays saying "This message has not been submitted for delivery. For more information see help."

Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 4:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you using the e-mail router?  With 4.0, the e-mail router is required to send e-mails from the CRM web client, and this would include workflow emails, even if the users are accessing CRM via Outlook.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:09 AM
  • Hi Joel,

I'm not using hte e-mail router. Case which I create are trigger the workflow and sending the email. The worklflow is not sending emails for other users although they worklflow has been triggered.  They recieve the message the the email has not been submitted for delivery.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:49 AM
  • You have to use the e-mail router if you want to have workflows send emails.  That's how the CRM server sends emails from workflows. 

The router is not required for individuals to send emails if they send emails through Outlook; however, workflow emails don't go through Outlook, so the router is required for workflow emails.

If no email router, no workflow emails will be sent, as you are experiencing.
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:10 AM
  • Ok I now have the Email Router 4.0 installed with Exchange. My profile has been configured to send and recieve email via the router. I have been able to test settings successfuly in the Router for both sending and receiving messages.

However tests to send an email from CRM fail to send the email.  Suggestions?

thanks

Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:38 AM
  • Is the SMTP service running on the server that you installed it on?

Here is a good overview of how the router works:

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/02/07/crm-4-0-e-mail-integration-overview.aspx

I would recommend that you set up a case with MSFT support--they will help you get it working.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:26 AM