Spyware: onlineprivatescan.com RRS feed

• Question

• I consistently get a spyware popup that takes me to this site when I'm usinig the internet.  onlineprivatescan.com performs a fake scan of my computer and has a whole bunch of nefarious links.  I know I have spy ware but Live One Care shows everything is fine.  What do I do?
    Friday, September 26, 2008 5:05 PM

Answers

• JLaventall,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Live OneCare program forum.

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare may not have detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

Start here to contact support:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

If your question has no relation to using Windows Live OneCare, then your question is off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for malware or Windows Help.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Lori MS
    Friday, September 26, 2008 11:14 PM

All replies

•  

try this page http://se.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-7007se.html there you find a program to remove it!
    Friday, September 26, 2008 7:19 PM
  • Thanks teuger.  This looks to be quite helpful.

So I guess Live One Care isn't equipped to deal with it?  I have to download a software program in Swedish.  But before I do that, are there any official Microsoft solutions?

Friday, September 26, 2008 8:05 PM
  • JLaventall,

Thank you for visiting the Windows Live OneCare program forum.

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare may not have detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

Start here to contact support:

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2_5_client&queryType=keyword&query=rehto+rehtO&sid=012c8547-106a-41f8-9a49-231660b153fd_20373032&mkt=en-us 

1 .     Click Contact support in the middle of the webpage

2 .     Click Contact Support  in the bottom right corner of the webpage

3 .     Click Get support

4 .     Select the Billing Support or Technical Support Bubble

5.     Answer the questions appropriately, you will be guided to an agent if you have a paid subscription or email support if you have a trial version.

If your question has no relation to using Windows Live OneCare, then your question is off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for malware or Windows Help.

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum.

Lori MS
    Friday, September 26, 2008 11:14 PM
  •  

yes i´d also like windows to fix this but you also have this program malwarebytes to try.
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 9:05 AM