none
Microsoft Activation Error RRS feed

• Question

• About a week ago I've been getting an error every time I start up windows XP professional. The error message reads: "Your copy of Microsoft windows XP with expire in X amount of days." I've already activated windows, so I dont know how this is a problem. I then went to the support section for this type of error, and both solutions listed did not fix the problem.

Any help would be great!

Monday, September 24, 2007 1:08 AM

Answers

• Blackcell,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.  The report does not release any personally identifiable information and does obscure the XP installation's Product Key.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key on the CoA to the forum.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:31 PM
  • The reply has not answered my question.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:13 AM
  • Blackcell,

Are you using the correct product key for Windows installation? 

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:39 AM
  • Yep, I am. But the product key that I have has been used past its limit so I cannot activate windows over the internet I need to do it over the phone.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:42 AM
  • Blackcell,

Please reference the following site for activation and registration centers for Microsoft products:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 .  The KB article will provide numbers to call for activating Microsoft products. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:13 AM
  • Blackcell,

Please visit the following forum newsgroup:  http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US and post this question here. Activation questions are really out of the scope of the WGA Forum. Thank you Blackcell.

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:14 PM

All replies

• Blackcell,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.  The report does not release any personally identifiable information and does obscure the XP installation's Product Key.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key on the CoA to the forum.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:31 PM
  • Blackcell,

Please post the diagnostic results @ your earliest convience as Dan recommends. This will all us to analyze your problem so we may provide you with a resolution. If you have any further questions please include them with your post.  Thank you.

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:34 PM
  • Ok here is Step 1:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-PY43P-MJWJJ-R9WBT
    Windows Product Key Hash: mbimxtuo8E8cyiG9xcH/p50Ks7I=
    Windows Product ID: 82503-005-6905663-20471
    Windows Product ID Type: 4
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: {6DF3EFC7-2F0C-463B-92B1-FAE63A89C16B}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1_63BB5E84-872-80004005_70AFE6BE-656-80070057_E2AD56EA-118-80070057
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2993-80070002_B4D0AA8B-470-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{6DF3EFC7-2F0C-463B-92B1-FAE63A89C16B}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-R9WBT</PKey><PID>82503-005-6905663-20471</PID><PIDType>4</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1614895754-1606980848-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS M2N4-SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0301</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20060714000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>92733F7701844E78</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Step 2:

1. Professional

2. I have found the box and it reads OEM software

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:37 PM
  • The reply has not answered my question.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:13 AM
  • Blackcell,

Are you using the correct product key for Windows installation? 

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:39 AM
  • Yep, I am. But the product key that I have has been used past its limit so I cannot activate windows over the internet I need to do it over the phone.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:42 AM
  • Blackcell,

Please reference the following site for activation and registration centers for Microsoft products:   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851 .  The KB article will provide numbers to call for activating Microsoft products. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:13 AM
  •  

The thing is I've already activated it over the phone, and that website is just the overview of activation which i know. The error that I am getting is from the fact that I have already activated windows xp through the phone a long time ago, and all of a sudden windows tells me i need to activate XP, but it already is.
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:17 AM
  • Blackcell,

Please visit the following forum newsgroup:  http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US and post this question here. Activation questions are really out of the scope of the WGA Forum. Thank you Blackcell.

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:14 PM