none
Server Time and Computer Time RRS feed

• Question

• I have a program, VB and mysql running on Windows XP. Running for last 8 years. Feb 3 this year getting a message,  "The program was last run on 02-May-2028. The current server date is 06 Feb 2014. Admin should correct server date."

Server date is correct. How to change the last run date of the program?

Thanks

Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:42 AM

Answers

• I don't know why a moderator has moved you to this forum. 

Probably because it is only an administrative moderator who knows nothing from computing and saw the characters VB.

Seems to me this has nothing to do with VB, but the way the program is used.

Take contact with the builder of the program, this kind of protection for going around malicious way of use of licence is often done. Although I don't like it, because with a simple wrong date setting like you, the customer is in trouble.

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:42 AM

All replies

• I don't know why a moderator has moved you to this forum. 

Probably because it is only an administrative moderator who knows nothing from computing and saw the characters VB.

Seems to me this has nothing to do with VB, but the way the program is used.

Take contact with the builder of the program, this kind of protection for going around malicious way of use of licence is often done. Although I don't like it, because with a simple wrong date setting like you, the customer is in trouble.

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:42 AM
  • I have a program, VB and mysql running on Windows XP. Running for last 8 years. Feb 3 this year getting a message,  "The program was last run on 02-May-2028. The current server date is 06 Feb 2014. Admin should correct server date."

Server date is correct. How to change the last run date of the program?

Thanks

If it's your program and you maintain its code then how could you not know how to do what you need to do to resolve the problem?

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:33 PM
  • Search through the source code for that message, then examine the variables involved.....

Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:42 PM
  • I agree with the other responses. You need to look for the following in your code "The program was last run on" and examine how the code logic is generating the date information.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:02 PM
  • Please tell us if this "VB program" is a VB.Net application that you developed.  If not, you will need to contact the developer as Cor suggested (we cannot help you in this forum as it is for VB.Net programming questions; not configuration of someone else's VB.Net program).

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:09 PM