none
When you going to put a stop to these trolls Carey Frisch and Ronnie Vernon RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• And this is how you answer this concern?  You just now banned these accounts.

Dimitri Nickolas and Michael de Rósnec

Or did you?  I think somebody falsified SPAM complaints.  It's happened before.  (notice that thread has a recent deletion)
    Monday, January 21, 2013 8:33 AM
  • Looks like there's really something wrong with these two guys. I'm not into that part so I'm glad to not having any problems with these two guys. I've just seen another account being banned, than the two you already mentioned.

EDIT: Two guys = Ronnie and Carey

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:39 AM

• Ah, I read too quickly.  You meant Carey and Ronnie.  Thanks for the supportive reply.

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:54 AM
  • Sorry, I made an edit. :)

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Monday, January 21, 2013 8:59 AM

• Thanks twice.

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:13 AM
  • If I look at the first thread you mentioned, it's very terrifying that there's only Carey's replies and no others...

Also all of his posts are proposed as answer...

And OP is mentioning "thank you all", and all is not equal to one, so...

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:33 AM

• Yes.  Exactly.   See the OP and final post in this original snapshot:  Digital Download from Windows 8 Release Preview?

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Michael Derosnec, you can email me any more info about your concerns. It's edprice at Microsoft. These concerns are valid and appreciated. The appropriate teams will act on this information. 

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:45 PM
    Owner
  • You use the words "you" here, about various forums-related actions. But you're probably talking about 12 or so people. And most of this is news to me (like deleting a thread). 

That said, Naomi was right that the complaint more belongs here than a Windows 8 forum.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:46 PM
    Owner
  • I'll need more information about Ronnie. Could you email me or post a list of the exact offenses? And maybe a link to Ronnie's profile?

I lack the context that you, Livio, Naomi, and others have for being involved in those threads for so long.

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:48 PM
    Owner
  • I haven't been involved at all (BTW, bug in Chrome we discussed). I stopped checking all these threads - I am not into Windows problems myself and it's hard to figure out what's going on. In my e-mail to you I most likely meant some other threads where users obviously posted in the wrong forum (Kamin has been active lately saying that they posted in the wrong forum, so you may try to search threads where his reply is last). If I were still a moderator I would move threads to appropriate forums (when it's obvious which forum will be good).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:55 PM
  • I haven't been involved at all (BTW, bug in Chrome we discussed). I stopped checking all these threads - I am not into Windows problems myself and it's hard to figure out what's going on. In my e-mail to you I most likely meant some other threads where users obviously posted in the wrong forum (Kamin has been active lately saying that they posted in the wrong forum, so you may try to search threads where his reply is last). If I were still a moderator I would move threads to appropriate forums (when it's obvious which forum will be good).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Understood. I was actually referring to a thread that Derosnec captured with an image and you mentioned he should have started that thread over here instead. I assumed it was in a Win8 forum.

Thanks!

Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:21 PM
    Owner
  • Actually I never had problems with these two guys but I've seen several threads, where different people complain about those guys.

Friday, January 25, 2013 7:53 AM
  • Gentlemen,

This is going to be abusive pre se. I've seen many posts marked as abusive here and there and this everything not only just abuses the code of conduct, but it also abuses the idea of the forum. Am I wrong?

I don't know if it is only me but I see just almost every thread having Carey Frish as a participant has had some posts deleted or marked as abusive with absolutely NO comment from the administration.

Just for how long that will last? Would somebody please give an official answer on that? By what margin is that moderation? I see this more like a dictation when one person decides for the community what is good, what is bad, what should be done, and what should not.

I have always known Microsoft forums as a source that is open to public, to Microsoft customers and having strict but democratic policies.

I kindly ask administration to comment on these autocratic actions conducted by Carey Frish.

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:59 PM
  • I kindly ask administration to provide comments, and claim that I believe such a behavior of a person with a title of MVP is a violation to the Terms of Use in the following part: "Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services."

I herein claim that behavior of Carey Frish is inhibiting me from using and enjoying the Communication Services.

I also stress that I kindly ask the administration to take into consideration the following claim: I officially express that this situation is badly affecting the title of Valuable Professional selected by Microsoft. I don't think that autocracy is what called Microsoft calls Valuable Professionalism, but refusal to make a comment and stop this puts a big question mark on that.

I express my open faith in equity on Microsoft forums and my trust in swift resolution of this issue.

I herein inform you that I express my willingness to escalate this issue further when this is not resolved in-place.

Thank you for your attention.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:26 AM
  • MS already noticed Carey's behavior and it looks like he already lost his Moderator permissions in the Win8 forums.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:28 AM
  • I still insist on official comments on this issue from forum administration.

Thank you.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:19 AM
  • MS already noticed Carey's behavior and it looks like he already lost his Moderator permissions in the Win8 forums.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

FYI - Carey Frisch has never been a moderator of the Windows 8 forum.  Nor does he have the ability to delete posts in the Windows 8 forums.  However, like anyone else, he can flag a post as abusive (for review by a Windows 8 moderator) if it appears to violate the forum's Code of Conduct and/or Term of Use.

Carey Frisch

Monday, January 28, 2013 3:26 AM
  • Please add this thread to the list.

Monday, January 28, 2013 3:51 AM

• Let's wait and see what gets censored from this thread.

(Here's a screenshot of its present state)

Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:44 PM

• Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:46 PM