OneCare Circle RRS feed

• Question

• I added a computer to my onecare circle. They are on the same internet connection. OneCare can't find the other computer, what can I do to correct this?

Saturday, March 22, 2008 3:04 AM

Answers

•  

To add a computer in OneCare circle:

Make sure both computers are connected to the same network (hub, or router)

Both computers should be using the same Live ID or subscription.

One of the computers should work as a hub. And the other should only be a client. You can change this through the OneCare circle options.

From the HUB pc, go to OneCare circle. Add computer. and OneCare should locate the client computer if the requirements above are met.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:40 PM

All replies

•  

To add a computer in OneCare circle:

Make sure both computers are connected to the same network (hub, or router)

Both computers should be using the same Live ID or subscription.

One of the computers should work as a hub. And the other should only be a client. You can change this through the OneCare circle options.

From the HUB pc, go to OneCare circle. Add computer. and OneCare should locate the client computer if the requirements above are met.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:40 PM
  • The only requirement is that they are on the same subscription LiveID. It will work even if they are not on the same LAN, meaning that one PC can be at home and the other at another location. The LiveID is the key to linking them.

If the added PC does not show in the Circle after it has been activated, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:15 AM