Complaint about Windows Live Messenger. RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot seem to find a place to disable the useless Windows Live advertising garbage Today screen from popping up in my Messenger. I do not want all that obnoxious advertising. I just want the Messenger..... I purchased Windows Vista Ultimate for $500.00 and would expect that being able to have an ad free environment would be the least that could be done by Microsoft. How about a little customer service. It says on the page that Microsoft wants me to be able to set it exactly as I want.

I want it turned off.......

No I do not want your ads. Yes I would like the other messenger features. (I paid for them)

Windows Live Messenger has been removed from my computer, along with contact with all of my friends, until the B$ advertisements are removed.

If there is a version of Messenger without all this B$ advertising ***... please accept my humble appologies... and send me a link so that I can install it.

All in all I love Vista....  But I refuse to watch advertising...... so I feel that I am not getting my moneys worth at present.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:08 PM

Answers

• Neither Windows Messenger nor Windows Live Messenger is included in any edition of Windows Vista.  If you (or someone else) downloaded and installed it, you can uninstall it by opening the Programs and Features applet located in your Control Panel.

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:46 PM
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 1:03 AM