XP product key RRS feed

• Question

• my computer came with a genuine windows but recently was repaired using pirated copy of windows, I tried to run the recovery CD's that with the machine but with no hope. please assist.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hello Bearhands,

Thank you for visiting our forum today. I would suggest you visit the business whom installed the non-genuine copy of Windows and request them to use your revoery CD's or @ least request your monies refunded. Should they not offer you any assistance then please contact the Technical Support of your computer. They will provide you support for installing windows. This forum supports WGA issues. It would be hard for us to provide support on all the various recovery media which OEM Manufacturers develop and deploy with their systems. This is why OEMs are responsible for providing support.

Curious who performed the repairs as well as installing the non-genuine Windows on your computer? Do they have a website? Next I recommend for you to please file a piracy report by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/piracy .  Thank you and take care.

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, May 8, 2009 6:31 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:30 PM