Not Receiving Cold Emails From Monitoried Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 monitored email addresses for 3 queues which I am trying to have cases automatically created for in Dynamics CRM 2011 Online. I can send emails from these queues and responses to those emails show up in the activities but I emails which are sent and cold call emails, as in not responses to an email I already sent, do not show up as activities anywhere in CRM Online. Does anyone have any advice on how I could do this I have been looking into the admin guide which I have been able to download but haven't been able to find any explanation for what could be causing this or what I could do to fix it. For testing purposes the monitored emails are...

sales@mydomain.com, support@mydomain.com, accounts@mydomain.com

I have been using a gmail account for testing the emails between CRM and myself and the same situation is happening for all 3 queues.

Thanks in advance.

--- Chris Rutherfurd Rutherfurd Solutions

Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Do you have an Email Router configured for these queues? This is how you will get emails created automatically in Dynamics CRM.

See http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21445 for more info.  There is a section for CRM Online.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 3, 2012 12:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

I have followed the instructions you have given me through the download link and still am not having any luck. This is the same document which I used to setup email monitoring in the first place. I currently have a half dozen emails sitting in the 3 mailboxes waiting to be turned into activities in CRM Online and so far no activities have been created and that has been sitting like that for the last about 30 minutes. since I sent the last test email.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi Chris,

So just to confirm:

1. You have configured an Incoming POP3 Profile for gmail

2. You have added a deployment to use this Incoming profile and pointing to the CRM online organisation

3. In the 'Users & Queues' tab you have enabled your queue to use the incoming profile

4. You have approved the email address on the queue you want to receive emails into.

5. The Email Router service is started and running.

If this is all ok, you might want to check event logs on the server running the email router to see if there any problems connecting to the pop3 server for gmail.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:13 PM
    Answerer
  • The first 4 I have checked, where can I find if the email router has started, I can only find the configuration manager, not the actual application itself, and I can't find it under services.msc.

Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:46 PM
  • I have managed to work out the reason why the emails are not being imported into CRM but in finding that out it has just raused a further question. The issue is that while the configuration manager for the email router is allowing me to configure the router without a problem and is not raising any faulys the service is not being installed correctly. There is no services in services.msc for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Router or for anything named email router at all for that matter. Can't work out why it isn't installing correctly. I am running a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version of Windows and am downloading the 64 bit version of the email router.

Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:23 AM
  • Hi Chris,

The Email Router service is called 'MSCRMEmail' and it is run from the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service\Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.exe

Do you have that file location? 

If you've got the files, but you haven't got the service running - I suggest you check the windows event logs for any messages about it not being able to start or if it has stopped due to an error.

If not - try re-installing it, ensuring you have administrator privileges.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow

Sunday, March 4, 2012 7:53 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

I have tried this a few times as I really need to get the email router working. I have reinstalled a few times running the installer as administrator and it still does not install the service. I tried downloading it again in case the first download didn't quote work and still not having any luck at all.

Monday, March 5, 2012 12:36 AM
  • Do you have the files I describe, and what is in the event logs?

Scott Durow

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:36 AM
    Answerer
  • The files exist in the location you specified, there is no service named MSCRMEmail or anything like that at all in services.msc, and there is nothing in the system log which I can find showing any errors for the Email Router.

Monday, March 5, 2012 7:02 AM