VALIDATION, CERTIFICATE ERRORS AND MSE UPDATE FAILURE RRS feed

• Question

• I am experincing a three in one problem. Firstly I have been with this PC for a period of time now. I can access my emails from other PCs with no certificate error. I once presented my problem today but the link was broken due certificate error messages. Now I am using a different PC because mine is cannot. I mananged to make a diagnosis and I saved the report( see it below). This problem first occurred in October 2011 and this is for the second time now. It took a week for me to be able to access my emails as the problem is complicated by certificate errors making it difficult to get support online.As of now the problem started five days ago with Microsoft Security Essentials failing to update and I started receiving alert messages that the virus protection was out of date despite updating it. I had also experienced problems on starting my PC as I saw a settings page to update time.I began to see a validation sign on the bottom right corner of the task bar with messages "unable to complete genuine windows validation". I followed the link on the message to apage "validation in progress" that becomes blank after some seconds. Seeking further helpproved fruitless because every page I visited was blocked due to certificate errors breaking the attempt andlink. I once had a link and performed a diagnosis with the following results: Diagnostic report (1.9.0019.0), Validation Status: Clock sync error and Validation Code: 10. I do have the full report but the link to submit it was broken. I have been lucky to see the survey twice including last night. They tried to assist me but still the link will be broken. What is the link between certificate errors and validation ? If the software passed in October 2011 and was never changed can it be counterfeit now after less than six months? Please  help.

See belowreport:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0019.0):

-----------------------------------------

WGA Data-->

Validation Status: Clock sync error

Validation Code: 10

Cached Validation Code: N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-M6PX2-V96BF-8CKBJ

Windows Product Key Hash: n3MqC4LOVOQQgQUf4VrjJV6OaXI=

Windows Product ID: 76487-640-5536995-23967

Windows Product ID Type: 1

Windows License Type: Volume

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro

ID: {8EA18A57-6FBB-4E61-AB1F-6D22FBE0D4EC}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.42.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Product Name: N/A

Architecture: N/A

Build lab: N/A

TTS Error: N/A

Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1_E2AD56EA-765-b063_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005

Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->

ThreatID(s): N/A

Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: 10

File Exists: Yes

Version: 1.9.40.0

WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 103 Blocked VLK

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 103 Blocked VLK

OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{8EA18A57-6FBB-4E61-AB1F-6D22FBE0D4EC}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0019.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-8CKBJ</PKey><PID>76487-640-5536995-23967</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1757981266-764733703-1060284298</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Model>236686G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Version>1IET64WW (2.03b)</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20030313000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>24D43207018400D2</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Egypt Standard Time(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>103</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>103</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>ACD7202654E586</Val><Hash>fFic3JgCreGGRxyF8uMWB4R4Jcg=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-1528066-65346</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="103"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->

N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->

N/A

HWID Data-->

N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

BIOS string matches: yes

Marker string from BIOS: 1472F:IBM

Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-

to certificate errors. Last night I went as far as data collection and page continued for more than 8hours flicking giving no results and with page errors. My problem now is when I go to forums I need to sign in to post my question and this process is blocked by certificate errors. I may be successful submitting this report now

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:36 PM

Answers

• The obvious issue I see in your Diagnostic Report is "Validation Status: Clock sync error".  It may not sound like much but having the incorrect time (or date or year) can cause significant issues in Windows.  Please check that Windows has your correct time, date, year and time zone.

Thank you,

Darin MS

• Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Simon Chiutsi Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:40 PM
  • "Simon Chiutsi" wrote in message news:d6978ce6-6a16-4bd6-87f7-4c651966861b...

I am experincing a three in one problem. Firstly I have been with this PC for a period of time now. I can access my emails from other PCs with no certificate error. I once presented my problem today but the link was broken due certificate error messages. Now I am using a different PC because mine is cannot. I mananged to make a diagnosis and I saved the report( see it below). This problem first occurred in October 2011 and this is for the second time now. It took a week for me to be able to access my emails as the problem is complicated by certificate errors making it difficult to get support online.As of now the problem started five days ago with Microsoft Security Essentials failing to update and I started receiving alert messages that the virus protection was out of date despite updating it. I had also experienced problems on starting my PC as I saw a settings page to update time.I began to see a validation sign on the bottom right corner of the task bar with messages "unable to complete genuine windows validation". I followed the link on the message to apage "validation in progress" that becomes blank after some seconds. Seeking further helpproved fruitless because every page I visited was blocked due to certificate errors breaking the attempt andlink. I once had a link and performed a diagnosis with the following results: Diagnostic report (1.9.0019.0), Validation Status: Clock sync error and Validation Code: 10. I do have the full report but the link to submit it was broken. I have been lucky to see the survey twice including last night. They tried to assist me but still the link will be broken. What is the link between certificate errors and validation ? If the software passed in October 2011 and was never changed can it be counterfeit now after less than six months? Please  help.

See belowreport:

WGA Data-->

..and this is a published Key....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:10 PM

All replies

• The obvious issue I see in your Diagnostic Report is "Validation Status: Clock sync error".  It may not sound like much but having the incorrect time (or date or year) can cause significant issues in Windows.  Please check that Windows has your correct time, date, year and time zone.

Thank you,

Darin MS

• Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:40 PM
  • "Darin Smith MS" wrote in message news:b40d14c2-608a-486b-98df-dab22f8f4fe8...

The obvious issue I see in your Diagnostic Report is "Validation Status: Clock sync error".  It may not sound like much but having the incorrect time (or date or year) can cause significant issues in Windows.  Please check that Windows has your correct time, date, year and time zone.

Thank you,

Darin MS

One other major problem – the The license for Office is a Blocked Volume Key, which also calls into question the fact of the Volume License Key for Windows, which is an MSDN Key.
    I somehow don’t see an MSDN subscriber running a counterfeit Office.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:09 PM
  • "Simon Chiutsi" wrote in message news:d6978ce6-6a16-4bd6-87f7-4c651966861b...

I am experincing a three in one problem. Firstly I have been with this PC for a period of time now. I can access my emails from other PCs with no certificate error. I once presented my problem today but the link was broken due certificate error messages. Now I am using a different PC because mine is cannot. I mananged to make a diagnosis and I saved the report( see it below). This problem first occurred in October 2011 and this is for the second time now. It took a week for me to be able to access my emails as the problem is complicated by certificate errors making it difficult to get support online.As of now the problem started five days ago with Microsoft Security Essentials failing to update and I started receiving alert messages that the virus protection was out of date despite updating it. I had also experienced problems on starting my PC as I saw a settings page to update time.I began to see a validation sign on the bottom right corner of the task bar with messages "unable to complete genuine windows validation". I followed the link on the message to apage "validation in progress" that becomes blank after some seconds. Seeking further helpproved fruitless because every page I visited was blocked due to certificate errors breaking the attempt andlink. I once had a link and performed a diagnosis with the following results: Diagnostic report (1.9.0019.0), Validation Status: Clock sync error and Validation Code: 10. I do have the full report but the link to submit it was broken. I have been lucky to see the survey twice including last night. They tried to assist me but still the link will be broken. What is the link between certificate errors and validation ? If the software passed in October 2011 and was never changed can it be counterfeit now after less than six months? Please  help.

See belowreport:

WGA Data-->

..and this is a published Key....

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:10 PM
  • Thank you very much for the response. I am sorry for not being available earlier. I have read and understood all what you said and I am convinced that all what you said is correct though I am not good in this subject. The good news I do have is that when I booted the PC today and corrected time, everything was as perfect as if the PC was working perfectly before. The MSE was green(updated), I could go to my emails with no problems and there was no more certificate errors and no more "unable to complete Genuine windows validation"  and even the validation symbol was nowhere to be seen. I am now left wondering as to whether I am not going to experience this problem again in future as this was second time from October 2011. Once again thank very much for the effort you put to assist me.

Simon

Simon Chiutsi

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:13 AM
  • Thanks very much dear for the assistence.

Thank you very much for the response. I have read and understood all what you said and I am convinced that all what you said is correct though I am not good in this subject. The good news I do have is that when I booted the PC today and corrected time, everything was as perfect as if the PC was working perfectly before. The MSE was green(updated), I could go to my emails with no problems and there was no more certificate errors and no more "unable to complete Genuine windows validation"  and even the validation symbol was nowhere to be seen. I am now left wondering as to whether I am not going to experience this problem again in future as this was second time from October 2011. Once again thank very much for the effort you put to assist me.

Simon

Simon Chiutsi

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Thanks. Sure, I would like to believe you because when I booted the PC in the morning, it started in the BIOS black page with an allarm and message to correct time. I just did that and was the magic pill. I do not know where all the problems have gone to as I can work as usual. Thanks for the assistance dear.

Simon.

Simon Chiutsi

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:22 AM
  • lease post a new report - I am 99% certain that you have a non-genuine installation

For what version and edition of Windows is the PC licensed, according to the COA Sticker on the case?

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:08 PM
  • Thanks Parton for the concern and unwavering support. I am very sorry for the late response.

I will try my best to give you as much data as possible so that I can come to the route of the problem. However my main challenge is that I am a layman in this field and rely very much on assistance. 

Just now I have checked the sticker on my PC, it reads designed for Microsoft Widows XP. On the general system properties that is where I found this: version - 2002: Service Pack 3: Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

I also did a WGA diagnostic and came to a page " Genuine Microsoft Software-Diagnostic Site". Here it passed and I proceeded to the left hand corner "validate windows". I licked this and validation started. After little while I was linked to a page " Because your PC is running genuine windows" talking about Microsoft Security Essentials to protect my PC.

Later I went to Support for Microsoft Genuine Advantage for Windows and Office where I under went the downloading and running of the validating software again. However no report was availed to me but just the message " thanks for validating your copy of windows" and then linked to another page of "Genuine Windows". 

Where do I go to produce a report like the one I previously send you?

Best regards, 

Simon

Simon Chiutsi

Saturday, February 18, 2012 4:57 PM
  • "Simon Chiutsi" wrote in message news:4b6f4c91-d39b-4d9f-94c1-26d73918d3c6...

Thanks Parton for the concern and unwavering support. I am very sorry for the late response.

I will try my best to give you as much data as possible so that I can come to the route of the problem. However my main challenge is that I am a layman in this field and rely very much on assistance. 

Just now I have checked the sticker on my PC, it reads designed for Microsoft Widows XP. On the general system properties that is where I found this: version - 2002: Service Pack 3: Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

I also did a WGA diagnostic and came to a page " Genuine Microsoft Software-Diagnostic Site". Here it passed and I proceeded to the left hand corner "validate windows". I licked this and validation started. After little while I was linked to a page " Because your PC is running genuine windows" talking about Microsoft Security Essentials to protect my PC.

Later I went to Support for Microsoft Genuine Advantage for Windows and Office where I under went the downloading and running of the validating software again. However no report was availed to me but just the message " thanks for validating your copy of windows" and then linked to another page of "Genuine Windows".

Where do I go to produce a report like the one I previously send you?

Best regards,

Simon

Simon Chiutsi

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Thanks Noel once again. I have seen the shinny sticker though the details are fading. It reads: Windows XP Home Edition. Please see report from the MGADiag tool. I will be very glad to hear from you again.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    ID: {8EA18A57-6FBB-4E61-AB1F-6D22FBE0D4EC}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.42.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{8EA18A57-6FBB-4E61-AB1F-6D22FBE0D4EC}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-8CKBJ</PKey><PID>76487-640-5536995-23967</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1757981266-764733703-1060284298</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Model>236686G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Version>1IET64WW (2.03b)</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20030313000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>24D43207018400D2</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Egypt Standard Time(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>103</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>103</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>ACD7202654E586</Val><Hash>fFic3JgCreGGRxyF8uMWB4R4Jcg=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-1528066-65346</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="103"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Simon Chiutsi

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:12 AM
  • PS:

I kindly request you if possible to assist me on any abnormal sections of the report that need adjustments , particularly the browser settings.

Best regards,

Simon Chiutsi

Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:24 AM
  • "Simon Chiutsi" wrote in message news:c234bff8-8ab8-450d-a852-bdafbd92a298...

Thanks Noel once again. I have seen the shinny sticker though the details are fading. It reads: Windows XP Home Edition. Please see report from the MGADiag tool. I will be very glad to hear from you again.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

OGA Data-->

Other data-->
    SYSTEM><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Model>236686G</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>IBM</Manufacturer><Version>1IET64WW (2.03b)</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20030313000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS

Simon Chiutsi

That all looks fine to me now :)
    - apart from the very obvious counterfeit install of Office! – you should uninstall that and install a genuine version of whichever Office product you need.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Thank you very much for all the effort on the issue. I will come to the forum again when I do face a challenge. Is it possible to get downloadable Microsoft Office online?

Regards

Simon Chiutsi

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:13 AM
  • See: Microsoft Office Suites

Carey Frisch

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:14 AM
  • "Simon Chiutsi" wrote in message news:7e2c9ebe-69f8-49e2-a777-d470baa5cc55...

Thank you very much for all the effort on the issue. I will come to the forum again when I do face a challenge. Is it possible to get downloadable Microsoft Office online?

Regards

Simon Chiutsi

Glad we got it sorted :)
    See Carey’s link for options on MS Office – don’t forget that you also have the option of something like LibreOffice (which is free)

Monday, February 20, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Thanks for the link Carey. I am still trying to get through but with no success.

Regards

Simon Chiutsi

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Thanks Noel. I got the link from Carey but it is persistantly giving error messages, "sorry". I will keep on trying and will give you the outcome. So you mean to say it is not possible to correct the errors on the Office I have?  I visited the the Microsoft Office Diagnostics recently through the programme "Microsoft Office" on my PC. I ran it and was given aresults as follows: Diagnostics run =5, Dianostics that identified problems =1, Diagnostics that took corrective action =1.

The detailed results: Check for unknown status- completed, Memory diagnostics-computer memory okay, Compatibility status-no conflicting versions of Microsoft office appliations installed on PC, Disc status- no problem with hard disks on computer, Setup status- Repaired all Microsoft installation problemsfound, Verified 20 packages. These results could not be saved. Are these results coming from a different Microsoft office?

Regards,

Simon Chiutsi

Monday, February 20, 2012 12:07 PM
  • "Simon Chiutsi" wrote in message news:58d42571-f07f-4652-82a5-252783504664...

Thanks Noel. I got the link from Carey but it is persistantly giving error messages, "sorry". I will keep on trying and will give you the outcome. So you mean to say it is not possible to correct the errors on the Office I have?  I visited the the Microsoft Office Diagnostics recently through the programme "Microsoft Office" on my PC. I ran it and was given aresults as follows: Diagnostics run =5, Dianostics that identified problems =1, Diagnostics that took corrective action =1.

The detailed results: Check for unknown status- completed, Memory diagnostics-computer memory okay, Compatibility status-no conflicting versions of Microsoft office appliations installed on PC, Disc status- no problem with hard disks on computer, Setup status- Repaired all Microsoft installation problemsfound, Verified 20 packages. These results could not be saved. Are these results coming from a different Microsoft office?

Regards,

Simon Chiutsi

You have a non-genuine installation of Office Enterprise 2007 – you cannot purchase Office Enterprise at retail.
    Therefore you have to uninstall it completely, and then decide which version of Office you actually require.
    If you also have a copy of Office 2010 installed, MGADiag cannot see that, so I cannot comment on it.

Monday, February 20, 2012 12:20 PM
  • I do understand you well dear. I will let you know of my progress on your best way forward.

Regards,

Simon Chiutsi

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:16 PM