MSN Robot not liking certain pages RRS feed

• Question

•  

We're trying to figure out if the log results are indicating a potential problem which may be causing the indexing issues.

There are three pages in particular that seem to be causing a problem all have - in the urls.   First is our leeds promotional products  page which we've organized fairly well.  Watching the msn bot it comes in to that page and won't scan beyond the few items on the page before ignoring the rest.  It doesn't do this with other category pages with only a single page and no subs like our columbia jacket page.   That's a single page with only single page urls that appear, there are no asp.net driven paging in place.   Lastly it seems to choke entirely on some categories like our bags category.    I'll try to get up more detailed logs tommorrow as the bot is actively scanning the site now.   What we're wondering is whether or not the navigation of our site is the problem even though it's asp.net driven.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Promo,

Have you had any success with indexing these pages?

Friday, May 30, 2008 8:41 PM

All replies

• Not much else to report the msnbot came in a few times to the promotional totes page before leaving.  It came back a few more times pulling only the imprinted mugs category before vanishing.  I can't see that it's doing much else and it's not digging into the categories.  I actually think we're getting close to being indexed as it seems to be paying more attention to certain pages, it's hit our port authority jackets page  more than any other and in some cases has dug down.  It's frustrating, we think we've done a pretty good job with the site and would just like to know what's going on.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:43 AM
  • Hi Promo,

Have you had any success with indexing these pages?

Friday, May 30, 2008 8:41 PM