none
Custom Title value is not getting displayed in TFS Work Item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created customized Work Item Type in TFS 2015. In that work item template, created a separate field called Request Title field not used the reference of System.Title any where. I want show this title in Work Item Type Description. Unfortunately it not showing the same. How to fix this issue.

Please find below screen shot.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Judy,

Sorry for confusing you with the terms. I may not be explaining correctly.

I have created a new field called Request Title (refname:SAM.OI.Requesttitle) and my Work Item Type name is Request Details.

Note: Not using refname System.Title.

Please see below screen shot. for my custom WIT.. Entered Test Request Title is not displayed next to the New Request Details 3*:... if you see for default Task WIT entered Task Title is displayed next to New Task 2*: Task Title.

Help me on how to fix to show the Request title Next to Request Details.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi SANTOSH PRAPULLA VISWATEJA YAKKALA,

Thank you posting here.

>> In that work item template, created a separate field called Request Title field not used the reference of System.Title any where.

How do you create the separate field not use reference of “System.Title”?

Do you mean the refname is not “System.Title”? Please provide the detail information about this.

<FIELD name="Request Title" refname="System.Title" type="String" reportable="dimension" />

>> I want show this title in Work Item Type Description.

Do you want to copy your customized title value to Description field?

<FIELD name="Description" refname="System.Description" type="HTML" />

Based on my understanding, this is not possible to achieve because the Description type is HTML format.

Could you please share your WIT.xml file? This will help me to understand your issue better.

In addition, this forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since the TFS forums have been locked, the discussion for TFS has moved. And your issue is related to TFS Work Item, I suggest you could repost your issue on Stack Overflow or Developer Community, where the MS support engineers for TFS will assist you with it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Friday, March 9, 2018 8:42 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by SANTOSH YAKKALA Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:59 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:50 AM
  • Hi Judy,

Sorry for confusing you with the terms. I may not be explaining correctly.

I have created a new field called Request Title (refname:SAM.OI.Requesttitle) and my Work Item Type name is Request Details.

Note: Not using refname System.Title.

Please see below screen shot. for my custom WIT.. Entered Test Request Title is not displayed next to the New Request Details 3*:... if you see for default Task WIT entered Task Title is displayed next to New Task 2*: Task Title.

Help me on how to fix to show the Request title Next to Request Details.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:45 AM