More Features in Profile Activities RRS feed

All replies

• I think following list of activities should be included in activities 

• Answered Unmarked
    • If the thread moves to different forum
    • Proposed Answered Unmarked, if it was not self proposed

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com|

My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

1. Answered Unmarked. This would show when the Asker/OP or a Moderator unmarks your answers after one of them has marked it? I think this might be too potentially frustrating. What about a notification without the action being marked in your activities? Does the person currently get notified when your answer is unmarked?

2. Thread is moved... I can see this value, but I think the Notification is more important.

4. Proposed Answer Unmarked... I think this also should just be a Notification. But yeah, this is also pretty important.

Did you add these to the Feature Requests wiki? I think these actually belong more in Forums (because that's where the Notifications live, and that's more important for these scenarios, I think).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:21 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed!

Thanks for your notes! Will add them shortly.

One more thing IMO

• When someone(OP/moderator) unmarks an proposed (which was proposed by another member) answer , There should be an "option" to put a reason of unmarking. It should be optional. I am sure It will help people to understand why the answer was unmarked.

Will add more thoughts soon.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

• Edited by Naushad.Alam Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:28 PM added notes
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:26 PM
  • Hi Ed!

One more thing IMO

• When someone(OP/moderator) unmarks an proposed (which was proposed by another member) answer , There should be an "option" to put a reason of unmarking. It should be optional. I am sure It will help people to understand why the answer was unmarked.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

That's another good one! I find myself leaving posts whenever I unmark or unpropose, just because it's not transparent enough if you don't give a reason. Plus people can see your name when you do that, so they might assume the worst intentions if you don't give a logical reason.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:06 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed!

One more thing IMO

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Add them to the Feature Requests wiki? I think ultimately we need them there. I already passed these ideas on to the team. So that concludes this open issue. Another option is to turn this thread into a Discussion type.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:08 PM
    Owner
  • The activity IS hard to read - I liked it when there were icons showing which kind of activity it was - I do like being able to select the kind of activity though....
    recuperació de dades,telèfon,seo/sem
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Thanks Ed, I am glad that you like them!

I will change the type of the thread and try to add them in WIKI.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

alamnaushad.wordpress.com |

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:08 AM
  • I think following list of activities should be included in activities 

• Answered Unmarked
    • If the thread moves to different forum
    • Proposed Answered Unmarked, if it was not self proposed

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

I do agree with Naushad that some kind of Activity/alert is must for these activities.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:25 PM
  • Yes, I agree. It is now harder to read than it used to.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:13 PM
  • Yes, I agree. It is now harder to read than it used to.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Agreed. 

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Windows System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:29 AM