CRM Online 2015 Update 1 - Dynamics Excelsheets and Nordic Characters RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Community ... help ...

I use dynamics excel reports heavily when reporting from CRM Online.

After applying 2015 update 1 I get false nordic characters (all are shown as ??) when exporting a dynamic sheet - see dump below. 

Has anyone any clues how to fix this?

/Henrik

PS: please also be aware that a design change has been applied to the the Dynamic Excel lists - it now includes the three extra hidden columns previously seen only in the kind of excel export, where you wanted to do a re-import)

Resultater med Microsoft CRM

Monday, August 31, 2015 10:53 AM

All replies

• Dear Community

I still struggle with this problem - can it really be true I'm the only one??

(please notice that at the initial export - the format is nice - but it is first when I refresh from CRM I get above errors)

I have tried it on multiple customers on 2015 online V1 and its all the same (even a brand new organisation)

Please help if you have any clues....

BR, Henrik

• Edited by WIKAP.dk Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:51 PM
  • I think you're going to need to open a support ticket with Microsoft directly to get this fixed.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 7:49 PM
  • Dear Wayne. Thanks for your suggestion which I followed, but as expected (and almost always the case when creating a support ticket - this time #115100994270151) here is the answer from Microsoft:

RESOLUTION:<o:p></o:p>

Due to change in the code some of our customers who are from Denmark, German, French etc.. who are all using special Characters after “Refresh from CRM” all special characters are change to “?”. It has been already highlighted to our product team and it will fix in the future updates, but right now we don’t have any proper ETA. <o:p></o:p>

So as usual: Waste of time creating the ticket and no resolution dato to communitate to my customers!

• Edited by WIKAP.dk Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:38 AM
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:38 AM