none
How to cache iframe src between child page reloads RRS feed

• Question

• I have a child page (the default page) that is using a master page. The child page contains an <asp:MenuItem> within a <asp:Menu> tag, and a <iframe>on the same page with src =  not set.

In the code behind on the MenuItem onclick event the iframe scr is set to the desired external webpage.

The external webpage loads into the iframe only when the MenuItem is clicked without issue.

When I navigate away from this default page to another child page and then come back to the default page. the iframe is empty...

Q:  How do you properly cache the iframe's scr html between round trips.

In other words I want to cache the iframe scr html when leaving the default page and reload back the cache into the iframe when returning the to the default page (i.e.: on page.load if the cache is not empty, otherwise leave iframe empty). 

So is there a way to only cache just the iframe content or do you have to cache the whole page?

• Edited by howdydoddy Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:46 PM
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:34 PM

Answers

• You're asking your question in the wrong forum. This thread may be better in ASP.NET forum, but I can not move it there.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:44 AM

All replies

• You're asking your question in the wrong forum. This thread may be better in ASP.NET forum, but I can not move it there.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:44 AM
  • Thanks,   Moved Question to >>> ASP.NET >>> Forums >>> WebMatrix and ASP.NET Web Pages...

• Edited by howdydoddy Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:47 PM
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:47 PM