can we set regarding from Email activity to service activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to set regarding for service activity also from outlook like contacts, accounts, but I could not find service activity on email regarding option when sending or receiving mail.

My objective is, I want to open email from service activity which are relevent for that service activity.  Now manually I save the outlook file in a folder and attach in service activity.  Is there any option to automate this like when u send or receive mail from contact it will be link to contact.  You can open that email form contact directly.

Please reply to me if there is any solution for this issue.

pnoushu@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:02 PM

All replies

• As service activity is an activity therefore you cannot select any activity in regarding field. Another approach will be to have a 1:N relationship between service activity and email. Than a lookup of SA will be available in email which you can use to relate it will SA.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:10 PM
  • Hi Faisal,

Can you give more details. How we can search email activity under service activity since all are from activity entity.

Please give more explanation to check this solution.

Regards,

Noushad

pnoushu@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Open email entity in customization

Select N:1 Relationship and create a new relationship with service activity.

Now open main form of email and add the field of SA which was created as a result of this relationship. save and publish.

Now if you open any email you will see a lookup of SA.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Thanks for reply   I tried the same but service activity is not coming in regarding option of email.  Please find the screen-shot I have done and help me.

pnoushu@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Hi Faisal,

Please check the above screen-shot and help me.  I am not gettting regarding in mail.

Thanks and regards,

Noushad

pnoushu@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:43 PM
  • Noushad,

As Faisal mentioned, what you get out of the new relationship is a new lookup field to Service Activity. This will not change the Regarding field on Email but instead provide another field that you can use to relate email & Service Activity.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

Can you explain how I can use this to create link service activity when user send mail.   Can you provide any alternate option,  I need a link from service activity to mail.  When I click on this link email should be open from service activity.  Can we do something like this by using this.  Please provide solution with details.

Thanks and regards,

Noushad

pnoushu@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 6:07 AM
  • Open email form and in the field explorer you will see a field of service activity in field explorer. Please put this field on the form and save and publish customization. Now if you open any email you will find the lookup of service activity on it.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:32 AM
  • Hi Faisal,

Thanks for your support.  Can I open this mail from service activity. If I send two mail regading to one service activity, how I can view these two mail from this service activity.

I would like to get some option like set regarding in outlook email, then i can select service activity of particular contract.  If I open service activity I can click on link and open the mails.  At present,  user save the mail from outlook in local disk and attach this file in note manually. Now they want to automate this process.  Please provide if there is any solution.  at least if they can select service activity in mail and retrive this email from service activity.

Thanks and regards,

Noushad

pnoushu@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:09 PM
  • You can set the link(LHS) of email on SA by updating the relationship

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Moreover you can also put a grid of emails on SA as

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:59 PM