none
Dual core gyan...!! RRS feed

• Question

• With the Indian market being flooded with processors from different companies, and with different specification.  The Intel dual core Processors stand out in the crowd. And their number crunching capacity speak volumes about  themselves. If you intend to purchase a new PC Dual core is the  way to go. If you have deeper pockets head for a Dual core Extreme Edition or Intel Quad core.

Monday, March 5, 2007 8:01 PM

Answers

• ya core 2 duo is costlier than dual core.. think the cache memory of core 2 duo is 2 times more than dual core and hence core 2 duo is much faster
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:19 PM
  • Dual cores are processors with two core within one single chip. As for core2 duo, its the second generation of dual core. Consumes less power, generates less heat and better better processing capacity...
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:22 PM
  • core 2 duo are costly compared to dual core. but i disagree with prassana. Besides the cache, core 2 duo has lots of other performance enhancement features that make it a better performer.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:32 PM
  • well friend i am jus a learner.. 1st i din know wats the diff bw them so serched and found out that the cache memory is twice... now thro u i ve learned the other advantages.. thanks dude
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:32 AM
  • i totally disagree with you manoj. dual cores are the best and they show very good results even on normal old applications.
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:30 PM

All replies

• well wats the difference between dual core and core 2 duo?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:37 PM
  • is it that much costlier, but wat abt its performance...if its good i don mind buying it...
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:13 PM
  • ya core 2 duo is costlier than dual core.. think the cache memory of core 2 duo is 2 times more than dual core and hence core 2 duo is much faster
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:19 PM
  • Dual cores are processors with two core within one single chip. As for core2 duo, its the second generation of dual core. Consumes less power, generates less heat and better better processing capacity...
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:22 PM
  • core 2 duo are costly compared to dual core. but i disagree with prassana. Besides the cache, core 2 duo has lots of other performance enhancement features that make it a better performer.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:32 PM
  • thanks to all of you for this disussion.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:39 PM
  • You are welcome sanket..  :-)
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 8:19 PM
  • If you dont mind spending.... i would suggest you go for core2 duo or core 2 duo extreme edition.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 9:08 PM
  • well friend i am jus a learner.. 1st i din know wats the diff bw them so serched and found out that the cache memory is twice... now thro u i ve learned the other advantages.. thanks dude
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:32 AM
  • Nice to know the info i posted helped you. If theres any thing else you like to know then do let me know.....
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 8:10 PM
  • Friends in reality..... dual core works only in multi threaded environment.... its simply of no use to home users..... wait for few months and u wil get the results
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 8:45 PM
  • I strongly disagree with U Manoj. You can see an improvement in performance with multi-threaded Apps. But, you can also run your normal Apps on a dual core and see them run faster....  than usual. This happens due to The "Dual Cores" in a single die..

Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:27 PM
  • i totally disagree with you manoj. dual cores are the best and they show very good results even on normal old applications.
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:30 PM
  • well i have a point here...  in my room we ve three systems i use a pentium IV, one uses dual core and the other uses a core 2 duo...  core 2 duo are undoubtedly performing well.. but in some cases the dual core seems to lag in speed compared to p IV, so he may be right...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:18 AM
  • a learner here 2 .... thnx for my memory update.....nice thread.... keep comming more about it...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:49 PM
  • Heard about bench mark.....?? These are set of Apps that test a processor's capability(graphics, numerical etc). Based on these bench mark test dual cores are better than pentium 4. As for your system. I would like to tell you system performance depends on various aspects like, mother Board specification, RAM, Hard Disk speed (rpm), level of fragmentation and free space on your drives, the type of app your running. whether its graphics intensive or requires number crunching. And above all Last but the most important "The Processor".

As for your P4 v/s dual core, the info given on top justifies every thing i guess...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:16 PM
  • Heard about bench mark.....?? These are set of Apps that test a processor's capability(graphics, numerical etc). Based on these bench mark test dual cores are better than pentium 4. As for your system. I would like to tell you system performance depends on various aspects like, mother Board specification, RAM, Hard Disk speed (rpm), level of fragmentation and free space on your drives, the type of app your running. whether its graphics intensive or requires number crunching. And above all, Last but the most important "The Processor".

As for your P4 v/s dual core, the info given on top justifies every thing i guess...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:16 PM