Relate Multiple Accounts to an Opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where I want to link a Opportunity to a Joint Venture of Companies. I was hoping that I could accomplish this by making a opportunity able to relate to more than one company (like a multiple lookup).

Tried to make a N:N relationship between account and opportunity to accomplish this.

What I was expecting to see, was a relation in the Opportunity NavBar called Joint Venture, and when clicked, it would show me a list over the companies related to this opportunity and an option of adding "existing company" to the list. Instead the main area shows an error message "Invalid argument", and the event log says:

"There is no association intersect role for many-to-many relationship 480492e3-c4bb-dd11-8742-001e0beb6dd8 that has an AssociationRoleOrdinal of -1"

Any tips on making Many to Many relationship between account and opportunity, or another way to handle Joint Venture would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stian K. D.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:29 PM

Answers

• The easiest solution is to use the Relationships link in the Navigation Bar for the Opportunity - you'll need to create a RelationshipRole between the account and opportunity entity - you can do this within the settings area
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:40 PM