Charts for Goals: How can I enable drill-down? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I noticed that all of the charts that comes with Dynamics CRM 2011 for the Goal entity doesn't allow the user to drill-down into the data. Can I modify these charts to allow drill-down?

I was trying to export the chart into XML file and tying to see if there is some easily identifiable property that enables/disables drill-down in the chart, but so far I have not been lucky.

Is this possible? could someone please advise?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
    P. 

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:04 PM

Answers

• Just found out the answer for this today, so I decided to come back here and share it with the community (in case someone is experiencing the same problem).

In order for a chart to allow drill-down the chart must the category (horizontal) axis displaying a field with search enabled.

Cheers,
    P. 

MCC, MCP, MCTS
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Marked as answer by pmdci Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:46 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:46 PM

All replies

• Just found out the answer for this today, so I decided to come back here and share it with the community (in case someone is experiencing the same problem).

In order for a chart to allow drill-down the chart must the category (horizontal) axis displaying a field with search enabled.

Cheers,
    P. 

MCC, MCP, MCTS
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Marked as answer by pmdci Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:46 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:46 PM
  • Great! It also works the other way around - surprise. :-)

It helped me a lot disabling the drill-down function in several cases!

Thanks!

Saturday, March 3, 2012 8:03 AM