Force a Synchronization setting RRS feed

• Question

• We want to prevent users from synchronizing Outlook Contacts with CRM.

For the time being, we are simply removing hte checkbox from "Contacts" under the synchronization tab of CRM options.

Their is still a risk that users reset the value and mess things up.

Is their way to block access to this setting for users?

Thanks
    Fadi

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Fadi,

In your security roles, you do have a setting for 'synchronize to outlook'.  Alternatively, you could modify the actual sync rule so it does not match on anything - this is done in crm menu, local data groups, then modify the rule.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Fadi,

In your security roles, you do have a setting for 'synchronize to outlook'.  Alternatively, you could modify the actual sync rule so it does not match on anything - this is done in crm menu, local data groups, then modify the rule.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Hi Alex,

we do not want to completely revoke the "synchronize to Outlook" privilege, only the Contact synchronization.

I looked to the Local Data Groups options, and this seems to do the job. I never used this option before, is there a way to set the Local Data Groups options on behalf of users? i mean , can the CRM Admin do this task from his post, without having to ask each and every employee to perform this update on his own post?

I looked into the CRM screens, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Fadi

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:45 PM