none
Bug: Look like all my activity for several hours has not been recorded. RRS feed

• General discussion

• There is something very strange on the forums/wiki

Look like all my activity for several hours has not been recorded. A vote that I received did not give me points, messages that I posed and can be seen, are not listed on my activity list.

The following picture shows that I have no activity between the two posts that I marked

No Activity for several hours

But the second picture is an example of one answer which I posted during this time and not appear in this list. Also the voting for this post during this time was not added my points (I know what the score was before and it has not changed).

THIS IS ONLY ONE EXAMPLE!

signature

• Changed type pituachMVP Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:51 PM This is Bug Report and not a question
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Pituach ,

I are right : I have exactly the same problem since 21:00 ( Paris time )

No e-mail alert , no update of the profile ( part Threads ) .

For the moment , I am revisiting all the forums where I am waiting for an answer to avoid a reply.

Maybe a maintenance problem ( it is logical to do maintenance during the week-end which is a period where the forums visitors are less numerous and active ).

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:52 PM
  • Looks like it finally caught up, I'm now seeing the activities that were missing (for me, at least).

EDIT: I should mention that I'm only looking at Forums activities, not Wiki.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 11,760+ strong and growing)

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:57 PM
  • All my activities for the last hour in the TechNet Wiki have resulted in errors. All of my edits worked, but the activity does not show on the main Wiki page or in my profile activity list. This happens at times. Performance is an issue that is being looked at. When we click "Save", many things happen. First the article is updated. Then metadata is updated. But often times there is a timeout before our Edit comment gets posted, or the activity shows up in our profile.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Yeah well I see much of the activity now, but not all. a lot of my activity like editing more then 5 articles in the WIKI is not in the list and that is not all...

It looks like someone did a manual update, because there is no match between the time of operations to time it appears in the list of activities. Moreover all the updates look at the same time and have no correlation with reality. This can indicate poor architecture which let you get inconsistent data from separate sources of data.

* most of my forums activities are there now, and most of my WIKI activities are not there yet.

signature

• Edited by pituachMVP Monday, September 16, 2013 6:25 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Richard, try again... there is a problem by sure but...

i had the same problem about 2-3 hours ago i think (not sure of the time). i edited about 10 different article and each time i got an error massage but some of the editing where succeeded, and when i reload the page it was there. 

signature

Monday, September 16, 2013 4:44 PM
  • This is exactly the problem Richard is describing. This is, unfortunately, is quite common situation in TechNet WiKi. There are times when every edit ends in error. The edit itself is usually saved, but it is not reflected in activity. I also don't know how it corresponds to achievements and points and I suspect that it may not contribute to them, so that edit contributes only to WiKi itself, but not to achievements of the individual.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, September 16, 2013 5:25 PM