Error when importing new organization from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013 - Error ActionFailed RRS feed

• Question

• Error . ActionFailed

Microsoft.CrmToolsAdmin.PopulateDependenciesAction

Data at the root level is invalid.Line 1, Position 1

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:03 PM

All replies

• Check the rollup level on the CRM 2011 database.

Perhaps you know already but Rollup 6 is needed to apply any rollup that is cumulative afterward.   Are  you on rollup 18?

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:01 PM
  • Thanks Curtis

Will investigate

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:36 AM
  • We are on Roll up 18
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Ok, Often I have seen issues with the database. A trace should show you more details.

Set up tracing. Make sure it's workings and the files are being created in the directory.

Then start the process and the trace should give you some better information as to what is missing in the first line of code. 

I take it you already have the security configured correctly. 

During one import I received a message that some expected fields were missing.  It turned out a table had some fields missing that allowed for authentication.

The domain name was missing from the records in the system user base table.   This is just an example of what can happen so go over your prereqs, get tracing started and see what you come up with.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:47 PM
  • Also check out this thread:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/129431

Curtis J Spanburgh

Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:57 PM
  • Hi Curtis

We have since attempted another import from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013 and it was successfully imported without the error. But the Database forms are now all Read-only.

We have currently about 15 other organisations on the server successfully imported from CRM 4 to CRM 2013 SP1 CRM Wizard and been active for the past year.  Therefore rolling back and omitting SP 1 is not an option.  The new organisations we are trying to upgrade from  CRM 4  are different to the ones already upgrade.  The Service module has been customised in CRM 4.

Any ideas or suggestions are mostly appreciated.

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:46 AM