Install permissions? RRS feed

• Question

• I have saved the install folder to the software folder and tried double clicking on the install.cmd file but I get this:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I have logged in as administrator but still no go.  Any suggestions?

Vancouver, WA USA
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:48 AM

Answers

• I have saved the install folder to the software folder and tried double clicking on the install.cmd file but I get this:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Vancouver, WA USA

Try copying the folder containing the files to the server desktop.  Also, you might need to right click on each file, go to Properties, and click Unblock.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by GEBrown Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:36 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:28 AM

All replies

Vancouver, WA USA

Try copying the folder containing the files to the server desktop.  Also, you might need to right click on each file, go to Properties, and click Unblock.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by GEBrown Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:36 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:28 AM

Vancouver, WA USA

Copying to the desktop was the answer.  Thank you Kariya21.

Vancouver, WA USA
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:36 AM