Previous Versions for files on Windows Home Server Shared Folders may not function correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching for any updates on this particular issue, searching both Microsoft websites and the web in general to determine if there has been any update to this particular question for the last several months, without success. I have not seen any official/semiofficial update to this issue since it was identified more than 18 months ago.

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

Friday, September 18, 2009 4:05 AM

All replies

• I have been searching for any updates on this particular issue, searching both Microsoft websites and the web in general to determine if there has been any update to this particular question for the last several months, without success. I have not seen any official/semiofficial update to this issue since it was identified more than 18 months ago.

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

They still don't work (well, at least not without going through some hoops to make it work).  Having said that, mine still work because I do what it takes to "re-enable" them immediately after any time I reboot my server.  I wouldn't ever expect it to work properly either (at least not in this version of WHS) because it would involve significantly altering a 6 year-old server OS where there is already one newer version available (and another one coming out shortly).
    Friday, September 18, 2009 4:29 AM
  • The most up-to-date information on the status of any issue with a Microsoft product (not just Windows Home Server) can generally be found by searching the Microsoft Support web site. Often information will be published in a knowledgebase article well before it's available to the community in social venues such as this one.

In this case, this KB article is the most recent information on the issue.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, September 18, 2009 3:50 PM