Could changing to Live One Care from Norton Anti Virus be my problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Since April 6th, most mornings have opened my INBOX and found thousands of the same email.  As an example, on Thursday evening, when returning from hospital, I found over 85,000 all the same.  So far I have had five instances of this and unfortunately Sympatico have been blocking the senders.  In an attempt to get help beyond the usual Service Technicians, Saturday I wrote using their abuse email address, who I must admit did telephone me the next day.  I was assured it would be looked in to and that it would never happen again.  Guess what, not being able to sleep that same night, I went into my mail and lo and behold over 2,000 identical emails once again.

Question: Am 75 and obviously have spent a great deal of time and frustration with this problem, would anyone agree with me, that I am probably in a position whereby I am in my right to break my contract.

Question: New to Microsoft Live One Care, is this security sufficient, or should I also be downloading additional Malware and Spyware protection and if so, can anyone please recommend what you yourself have found to be adequate. 
    Monday, April 13, 2009 7:49 PM

Answers

• I don't know what to do about all of the e-mails other than to continue to work with your ISP.

In regard to breaking a contract, this is a conversation best had with an attorney.

If you had Norton previously installed, if you haven't already done so you should download and run the uninstall tool for your Norton product - http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

One Care should adequately protect you from most threats and will perform best with no other antimalware products installed on your computer.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:28 AM