Install problem of CRM 4.0 -- "SqlServerName is not available" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having trouble installing the on-premise 4.0 CRM Server. I receive this error:

Data ServerInstallInfo.SqlServerName is not available

I looked into the log file "crm40svrsetup.log" and found this record:

ServerInstallInfo.SqlServerName: SQL1\DEV1

The server instance of SQL1\DEV1 is up and running with SQL Server, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I also tried removing the 4.0 CRM Server, but I get this error (actually, 3 errors, each one differing by the information filled in the "RemoveHelpVirtualDirAction" part) :

Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.RemoveHelpVirtualDirAction failed.

The specified path is not a metabase path.

Parameter name: path

Thanks.

Monday, June 30, 2008 11:03 PM

Answers

• Under which port your SQL Server Named Instance is running?

If you are not running under the default port of SQL Server (1433), you'll have to configure your SQL Client on the server you are trying to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.

Have you "Test Connect'' to your SQL Server using the Data Sources (ODBC) Manager from the CRM Server? 

Hope this helps! 
    Monday, November 17, 2008 4:20 PM

All replies

•  

try uninstalling and reinstalling sql server 2005 under the default instance
    Monday, June 30, 2008 11:44 PM
  • I suggest to remove SQL Server and install it again.. Also check the installation of SQL Server where you have to put the instance name

Implemenation guide will help u

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ceb5e01-de9f-48c0-8ce2-51633ebf4714&DisplayLang=en

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:55 AM
  • Reinstalling SQL Server did help.

I'm still stuck with a half-installed CRM 4.0 -- not able to repair or uninstall due to the errors mentioned previous.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 11:30 PM
  • Typo-- meant to say Reinstalling SQL Server did NOT help.

I'm still stuck with a half-installed CRM 4.0 -- not able to repair or uninstall due to the errors mentioned previous.

Any help much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:45 PM
  • Hi,

is your OS is x64?

Thanks

Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Under which port your SQL Server Named Instance is running?

If you are not running under the default port of SQL Server (1433), you'll have to configure your SQL Client on the server you are trying to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.

Have you "Test Connect'' to your SQL Server using the Data Sources (ODBC) Manager from the CRM Server? 

Hope this helps! 
    Monday, November 17, 2008 4:20 PM