Where Can I Get CHKDE.EXE? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• chkDE is installed as part of the toolkit addin on your WHS unit.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:57 AM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&FamilyID=de10c0e9-2d46-4770-91fe-6b84ae06f960
    Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:16 AM
  • Thaks for the replys, I appreciate them.

I just read the install notes from the toolkit and it is designed to be installed on the client machine.  Because of the issue on my server, the MHS services will not run and the Console will not run.  Is CHKDE a dead end for troubleshooting QSM.EXE issues?

Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:58 PM
  • There is a client portion of the Toolkit and also a portion that gets installed as an Add-In via the Home Server Console.  Read the Toolkit Manual - it can be found on this page: 

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/windowshomeserver/support.mspx

Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:47 PM
  • Hi,

The toolkit has two parts,one for the Client, and the other which you install on the server.

HTH,

Colin

Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:48 PM
  •  ColinWH wrote:

Hi,

The toolkit has two parts,one for the Client, and the other which you install on the server.

HTH,

Colin

I wanted to mention that, like in my case, the Console will not run you can still install CHKDE and use it on the WHS.  When you follow the instructions in the Toolkit documentation that describes how to publish the Toolkit to the WHS, there will be a Toolkit.msi file in D:\shares\Software\Add-Ins.  If you run it, it will place a copy of CHKDE.EXE in your c:\Program Files\Windows Home Server Directory.  You can run CHKDE from the command line on the server.

Hope that helps.

Fred

Sunday, March 16, 2008 5:19 AM
  • I'm struggling to find CHKDE to help in a "100% CPU QSM.EXE" issue. 

I've downloaded/installed WHS Toolkit 1.1 on a 64 bit win 7 client

I've published the server addin

I've installed the addin into WHS

I cannot see c:\program files\windows home server\chkde.exe or

c:\program files\windows home server\toolkit\chkde.exe

How can I fix up this install/locate chkde.exe -- I think this is a tool I really need to try...

I am using toolkit 1.1 

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:14 PM
  • I've now managed to locate it thanks.
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:52 PM