none
Firefox works but not Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Beginning yesterday I have been unable to post a reply using Edge. Firefox works. Using Edge, I got a page asking for a profile name and then after that, anything I did to post a reply to a forum thread did not work. When I click the "Post" button the page flashes and then nothing happens. I have no problem using Firefox.

Today when I go to the "My forums" page in Edge it says I have none but in Firefox everything looks normal; I have forums. I also get the page asking me to specify a profile name.

Apparently my profile is not found using Edge but it works using Firefox.

I don't see another description of this problem. Is there something more I can provide to diagnose the problem? Should I report it elsewhere? Please, if I need to delete cookies, I will much prefer if you can be specific about the cookies to be deleted instead of all cookies. Many years ago I was able to work around a problem in the forums by removing specific cookies but Microsoft continued to say to delete all cookies.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Saturday, May 27, 2017 2:47 AM

Answers

• The problem was probably caused by use of a different account. If so then I did not realize it. I switched accounts back to this one when I was using Microsoft Community and now these forums are working as before.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 28, 2017 4:57 PM

All replies

• No problems here using Edge or IE11. I'd try another pc or possibly logon as a new or another windows user.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 27, 2017 2:57 AM
  • Have you tried to open a new private window in Edge? It should not share any cookies from other windows. -- pa
    Saturday, May 27, 2017 5:38 PM
  • The problem was probably caused by use of a different account. If so then I did not realize it. I switched accounts back to this one when I was using Microsoft Community and now these forums are working as before.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 28, 2017 4:57 PM