none
Windows home server sticks at 0% when running backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have WHS up and running ang a total of 8 computers/laptops attached. All the machines execpt one laptop backup successfully. I have run scandisk, chkdsk and defrag on the laptop and all is well. I have checked the partition tables in Paragon and partition magic and they all say its ok. I have disabled the anti-virus. I have ghosted the disks, reformatted the disks using XP and ghosted the image back. I have uninstalled the whs connection software and even tried reinstalling it without the disk, just going directly to the software on the server.
    The lap top is made by Time, and the volumes are both ntfs. It must have something to do with this laptop as all other machines are ok, also everything else works fine in regard to connecting from the lap top to the server and all other machines.
    If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    Ian
    • Edited by millsyx Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:55 AM
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Friday, July 10, 2009 1:38 AM technical question
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:54 AM

All replies

• I have WHS up and running ang a total of 8 computers/laptops attached. All the machines execpt one laptop backup successfully. I have run scandisk, chkdsk and defrag on the laptop and all is well. I have checked the partition tables in Paragon and partition magic and they all say its ok. I have disabled the anti-virus. I have ghosted the disks, reformatted the disks using XP and ghosted the image back. I have uninstalled the whs connection software and even tried reinstalling it without the disk, just going directly to the software on the server.
    The lap top is made by Time, and the volumes are both ntfs. It must have something to do with this laptop as all other machines are ok, also everything else works fine in regard to connecting from the lap top to the server and all other machines.
    If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    Ian

Any chance you have some portion of Ghost left over on your system (which can affect VSS)?  Can you open a command prompt and type vssadmin list writers and vssadmin list providers, then post the results here?
    Friday, July 10, 2009 2:46 AM
  • Hi Ian,
    please check the event viewer of the client for related errors and warnings and post those here.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Friday, July 10, 2009 2:58 PM