none
Why Microsoft did not put Visual Basic in MCSD as an option RRS feed

• Question

• Why Microsoft did not put Visual Basic in MCSD as an option and choice C# and HTML5 only ?

there are many developers likes Visual Basic more than C#

Mohamed Ahmed Database Administrator & Developer

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:39 PM

Answers

• " If enough people were to express to Microsoft that they would like VB exams and courseware to come back I am sure that it would happen. "

& how would we do that?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

By participating in this forum, you are doing it. Folks from Microsoft Learning often follow posts on this forum. And, my colleague and fellow forum moderator Jeff and myself are both Microsoft Certified Trainers. We are regularly in contact with Microsoft Learning and keep them informed about questions and topics of interest.

Mike

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think that there are more VB developers than C#, but that's a question that could be discussed for hours :-) Indisputable is that C# is Microsofts primary programming language (like seen when WP7 was ship first - with C# support only). I'm not aware of any plans, but I think that Microsoft will release a VB variant of the C# exams in the future (like they have done in the past).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:08 PM
    Answerer
  • was asking the same question myself

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/30b11602-9529-461c-a83c-a2116954403a/

maybe if enough of us complain they'll come around (as I said in my post I've always found the exam prep material to b invaluable)

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

When the portfolio of exams for Visual Studio 2012 was being discussed, a decision was made not to release courseware or exams in Visual Basic. Regardless of how many VB programmers there are out there, most developer exam candidates take the exams in C#. Almost a year has past since the first Visual Studio 2012 exams were released. If enough people were to express to Microsoft that they would like VB exams and courseware to come back I am sure that it would happen.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

• Proposed as answer by efb Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:01 AM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 11:47 AM
  • " If enough people were to express to Microsoft that they would like VB exams and courseware to come back I am sure that it would happen. "

& how would we do that?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

By participating in this forum, you are doing it. Folks from Microsoft Learning often follow posts on this forum. And, my colleague and fellow forum moderator Jeff and myself are both Microsoft Certified Trainers. We are regularly in contact with Microsoft Learning and keep them informed about questions and topics of interest.

Mike

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:08 AM