Notification of programs not on start up RRS feed

• Question

• The message regarding Windows blocking some start up programs is REALLY annoying, showing up every few minutes as long as I am on the computer.  If I click as requested, nothing happens.  Please help me get rid of this !@#$% message!   Thanksl

Marlene
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 7:41 PM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the Firewall topic, since I know you are using OneCare from your previous posts in June, but this is not a message that OneCare would generate for startup programs. I am guessing that a program is attempting to gain network access and is being blocked by the firewall and you are being alerted to that fact. My recommendation is that you contact support for help with this if you believe that the problem is caused by OneCare or if the problem is that something has managed to infect the PC and OneCare's firewall is blocking the activity of that program.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:09 PM

All replies

•  

jgpac00000,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forum. What OS are you running? Is this outside of the OneCare program (happening on your desktop after startup)?

Rick, MS

Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:45 PM
  • I've moved your post to the Firewall topic, since I know you are using OneCare from your previous posts in June, but this is not a message that OneCare would generate for startup programs. I am guessing that a program is attempting to gain network access and is being blocked by the firewall and you are being alerted to that fact. My recommendation is that you contact support for help with this if you believe that the problem is caused by OneCare or if the problem is that something has managed to infect the PC and OneCare's firewall is blocking the activity of that program.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:09 PM