Event Source: OCS Address Book Server
    Event Category: (1008)
    Event ID: 21012
    Date:  8/13/2008
    Time:  1:31:25 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: CHIOCS01
    Description:
    A delta file would be too large in relation to the full file it is based on.  The delta file will not be generated.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007\Web Components\Address Book Files\Files\D-0aca-0add.dabs (69 changes to 71 contacts)
    Cause: A delta file is generated in memory.  If the number of new/updated contacts plus the number of deleted contacts is greater than a configured percentage of the number of contacts in the base file, the delta file is not generated because it would be quicker for the client to just download the full file.
    Resolution:
    None needed.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

• You can safely ignore this warning - it's just informing you that a full address book will be generated rather than a delta file.  For an address book with 71 entries this isn't a big deal - if your address book had, say, 100,000 entries it could be a significant warning because all of your Communicator clients would be downloading a rather large file the next time they logged in.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:49 PM
  •  

Thanks!!!
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:52 PM
  • I am not convinced by this solution.

I have the same error which has only started showing up and clients also have a error notifivation stating "cannot synchronize address book information"

Any other thouhgs on this issue

Regards, Alan

Monday, September 8, 2008 9:29 AM
  • Sorry but this doesn't actually tell anyone very much, the error is pretty self-explanatory (and we know what orinignally caused it - we changed normalization rules) but doesn't give you any indication of how you can get rid of the alert - it may in reality be an informational message but Windows flags it as a 'warning' and hence we get incident cases raised for it by our monitoring system. 

We could of course filter out this alert but then we wouldn't see any future alerts which could be genuine errors.

Anyone got any suggestions? My first thought would be to delet the full and deltas out the address book share and re-sync not sure if this would casue any other issues though....

Friday, October 3, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Did you get a resolution to this i am seeing the "cannot synchronize address book information" error.
    Friday, May 1, 2009 6:09 PM
  • I am having the same issue as well.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:15 PM