none
OCS R2 2007 error : One or more pool hosted users are enabled for telephony, but default location profile hasn't been specified for the pool. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to build an OCS R2 2007 Standard Edition server. I have Windows 2008 64bit installed as a virtual machine and have started installing the components as required. I experienced no problems with the install or starting the services. I am now trying validate the Front End Server Configuration but am getting the following error:

Check Pool Hosted User Setting  

AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=HERMES,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=hsfc,DC=hpoolsfc,DC=ac,DC=uk)(!(msRTCSIP-OptionFlags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=256)))
    All users enabled for enhanced presence: False
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=HERMES,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=hsfc,DC=hpoolsfc,DC=ac,DC=uk)(msRTCSIP-OptionFlags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=128))
    Any user enabled for voice routing: True
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=HERMES,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=hsfc,DC=hpoolsfc,DC=ac,DC=uk)(msRTCSIP-FederationEnabled=TRUE))
    Any user enabled for federation: False
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=HERMES,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=hsfc,DC=hpoolsfc,DC=ac,DC=uk)(msRTCSIP-InternetAccessEnabled=TRUE))
    Any user enabled for remote access: False
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=HERMES,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=hsfc,DC=hpoolsfc,DC=ac,DC=uk)(msRTCSIP-OptionFlags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=1))
    Any user enabled for public IM connectivity: False
    Warning: One or more pool hosted users are enabled for telephony, federation or remote access, but no audio-video edge server is specified for the pool.
    Error: One or more pool hosted users are enabled for telephony, but default location profile hasn't been specified for the pool.

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

I have two users enable for SIP in active directory and have tried enabling and disabling enterprise voice settings as suggested by someone in another forum, however I am still getting the same error.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:28 AM

All replies

• You still need to assign default location profile for the Front-End to use during number normalization and other Enterprise Voice tasks.

Using the OCS Management Console right-click on the Pool object under Enterprise pools and select Properties > Front-End Properties.  Switch to the Voice tab and then select you Location Profile in the drop-down list.  If you have more than one Location Profile defined then select the most-appropriate choice, which is usually the LP defined for users at the site where both the Pool and Mediation server are defined.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:41 PM
  • I have the same issue but I can't assign a default location.  the location lists as (none).  No one is enabled for voice dialing. I'm guessing I missed something in the configuration or setup of this server.  but i'm not sure what.  How would I create the default location profile?
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:02 PM